Website form being spammed...

Man of Honour
Absomalutely said:
You say these are all coming 'from your domain name'. Why didnt you just set up a rule in outlook express / email of your choice to delete everything from your domain instead of your email address? Would have been a lot quicker and easier surely :p
Because somtimes the spammers then go back and inject forms with malicious stuff. And in any case, why have to deal with the crap when you can solve it with a few lines of code :)

Associate
OP
Absomalutely said:
You say these are all coming 'from your domain name'. Why didnt you just set up a rule in outlook express / email of your choice to delete everything from your domain instead of your email address? Would have been a lot quicker and easier surely :p

That's the easy way of solving it :p I wanted to stop it at the source and stop getting them altogether, rather that just setup a rule in an email client.

Some of the emails were from my domain. But when I blocked emails being sent from my domain, the spammer just put random text into the email form (eg - "his34534"), which then sent emails from addresses like "[email protected]" - which I assume is the address of the SMTP server or something? Anyway, this address changed everytime, so it would have been difficult to stop. The only way to do it was make sure people enter valid email addresses and that they're not coming from my domain. Hope that makes sense :p

I've not got a lot else to do atm anyway, so coding is a good way to spend my time :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom