Website/forum help

Caporegime
My boss has just picked my brain about a website/forum he would like to create. I showed him OcUK as an example of a high throughput, well moderated and community based forum.

The website is aimed at children/parents who suffer from a specific heart condition and would like a medium for those affected to discuss ideas, question medical professionals and share stories/insights. A forum sounds the best fit but I know nothing about building or maintaining forums. My website skills are very limited, usually use templates. He wants the site to be 'fun and engaging' rather than just some run of the mill information source.

There are probably lots of things I haven't considered but my only task now is to see how feasible the whole thing is. I am worried maintaining such a thing will be too much, I don't really have time to do so. A few things to consider.......?

• Host/domain service
  • Content hosting/bandwidth
  • Medical consideration/rules
  • Forum template
  • Moderation considerations
  • Anything else?

Caporegime
OP
Thank you for your response, especially the part about the technical problems being easy to overcome :cool::o.

AFAIK there currently isn't a resource like this. One of the stake holders has produced a brilliant cartoon about the condition (very much aimed at the younger audience), I will check if I can link it here.

Back
Top Bottom