Website possibly hijacked

Soldato
A website I help create but haven't touched in a while as someone else has been updating it. Looks to have a page hijacked. When doing a bing search for "inveralmond chs" the contact page has a spam message in the meta description.

"My 5.5 " manhood wasn enough in order to reach women...." and it goes on and on.

When doing a google search it mentions the page is possibly compromised.

What can I do to identify how this has happened and what can I do to stop it happening again. As far as I can see, all other pages are working as intended.

Considering it's using Wordpress with a tonne of plugins you have plenty of potential WP vulnerabilities to consider.

That said, the contact page doesn't appear to have a meta description so Bing has made its own. It's strange that only the contact page is being reported as compromised so is there anything on that page different from the others?

If they had complete access to your WP install then I would assume more damage to be done.

Considering it's using Wordpress with a tonne of plugins you have plenty of potential WP vulnerabilities to consider.

That said, the contact page doesn't appear to have a meta description so Bing has made its own. It's strange that only the contact page is being reported as compromised so is there anything on that page different from the others?

If they had complete access to your WP install then I would assume more damage to be done.

Yea I thought the same, there was a contact form plugin installed and activated. 16th Jan 2012. I stopped work on the website long before then but i've spoken to the guy on the phone who now updates the website and he cannot remember installing it either. I have removed it for now.

Will also remove the contact page and get it rebuilt.

Back
Top Bottom