Website SEO - all about back-links?

Associate
I been keeping an eye on a few sites and seeing what Google Alerts pulls in for specific search terms they would be using. All I seem to see in the Google Alerts is loads and loads of really poorly written blogs with links to other poor blogs and then back to the site that is paying for the "SEO".

Is this all there is to it, get a bunch of sites to write a load of nonsense about your product, get the backlinks and get up the Google ranks? Or have I missed something?

This is what I thought at first and I couldn't believe for a second that humans actually read the blog posts. They are so poorly written it almost like a machine feed with occasional keywords thrown in for luck.

This is what I thought at first and I couldn't believe for a second that humans actually read the blog posts. They are so poorly written it almost like a machine feed with occasional keywords thrown in for luck.

Think I came across an example of that earlier while searching for something to do with eve online - came across this page which seems to make no sense at all at first but then I realised it was probably for "priming" search engines:

http://hawaiidermatology.com/somer/somer-blink.htm

I think building link wheels is a suitable technique so long as each site, blog, article etc.. is unique.

For example with one of my sites, i have a squidoo lens, a tumblr blog, and articles published on Ezine articles. However it's all totally unique content.

What this guy has probably done is use an article spinner, then something like AMR to submit spun articles to blogs and other sites. That's totally blackhat in my book.

Back links are good but they have much more value depending on the source...from what i've read. Lots and lots of high quality content is the other great way of getting up the rankings.

haha gotta switch it to rubbish or something =P and the way googles search engine works is constantly changing so i think just building a good site using meta tags and having keywords when applicable is the way to go.

Also they look at your bounce back rate and such so if the majority of people visit your site and just go back out they'll rank you further down for it.

Back
Top Bottom