Website Templates & hosting advise needed

Associate
I've been playing around with the idea of having my own website. Problem is i've no idea how to make one or the ins and outs of hosting.

So been looking at these template websites and playing around with the designs, Wix is the site i've used and the design process is very simple. Pricing seems pretty reasonable too.

Are there many disadvantages to using these types of setup. Only one that is obvious to me is that i can't take the design and host it elsewhere (at least i don't think so).

Also are Wix any good, are should i be looking elsewhere?

Thanks for any help.

How much is Wix? From what I've seen it says it's free on the home page. As for hosting if it's just a small site then pretty much any hosting will do people here will suggest either TSO host or Vidahost - vidahost is £17per year save yourself the price of a sandwich with code VIDATEN
Once you have the file you'll just need to FTP them to your hosting.

I think you should get into real web hosting. With wix, and any other web builder, you are very limited to what you can do.

I would recommend going to hostgator.com or namecheap.com which are both Cpanel hosting providers.

Then to build the website you could install Wordpress, which is a blog software, but you can customise this to look like a very professional website. This method requires no coding either so its great :)

Back
Top Bottom