Webtrends v Omniture v Google Analytics

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm looking for peoples views on these products.

I am meeting with Webtrends next week, so doing some homework!
Does anyone have any experience using any of these (or all of these) and what were your opionions?

I currently don't track anything apart from page views, however it would be nice to be able to track more indepth things such as where people "drop out" the most when booking things, or things like that.

From what I know, Google has a 24 hour delay in data, where Omniture and Webtrends are "real-time" (well, as close to real-time as possible) and Google limits you to 10 million views a month (i believe). I don't get 10 million, so that wouldn't be an issue.

Google have an enterprise edition now which comes at a flat rate of $150,000 - Is this a similar price I would be looking at if I went with Webtrends or Omniture?

Also, what other 'cool' things can be done with analytics? What are best practises on what to track?

Any help appreciated!

Not much experience using them i'm afraid. I've used Google and they seem to have added a real-time section which is in beta. Not sure if it compares to the other offerings though.

Not got a lot of experience with the others, but I've implemented WebWrends into websites before. The process is fairly straightforward from a programming front.

I can't comment on what their reports look like as we do not have access to them since the implementations have been on behalf of our clients.

I'd go with GA over the other two, at least for now.

True, GA has a 10 million hit perm month limit by default but as you are no where near that there shouldn't be a problem.

Also the data freshness is actually up to 48 hours long, however, if you only get a few 1,000 hits it generally refreshes within a couple of hours.

GA Premium has a 4 hour data freshness guarrentee.

In terms of costs, one of my clients uses webtrends and spends maybe £30-£50K per year. The costs can get higher based on what features you go for and how much traffic you are putting through.

Omniture can cost anything from that price, to £millions depending on traffic volumes.

GA is far easier to setup than the other too, and far easier to use. Without knowing much about your site I wouldn't be able to advise, but I'd definitely go with GA - based on the questions you've asked I don't think you will get any value out of the additional features tools like Omniture present - so not worth the extra costs!

Back
Top Bottom