Weee! Personal Plate!

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Today would be my 21st Brithday... actually, no now it was yesterday. Wow... that went quick...

Anywho, I woke up this morning on my birthday to a letter from the DVLA... me worries a bit before opening it. I open it. It's a reg document. "Hmmm" I think, "I've got one... oh... the reg is wrong... eh? Thats a bit odd I wanted that reg". I thought it was a letter from the DVLA from when I was looking at plates on their site.

Well, anyway my girlfriend had let on to my mother and so here it is:

plate.jpg

"Dup" is my nickname, pronounced "Doop" from my surname, Duperouzel. It's a french name by the way, but I am in no way directly related to any French people, nor can I speak French!

The H8 was the best prefix I could find. There was D8 but "Date" is a bit big headed and that's not me. I think H8 is what a lot of people do when they see me drive, so it's rather fitting apparently.

Anywho, I now feel a little more important on the road. My otherwise "same-old" car gets a few more looks now, although that's not what I'm about, it still feels nice to stand out a tiny bit.

Soldato
ConfusedTA said:
All you need now is a nicer car to stick the plate to ;)

Harsh! :p

...although I did have trouble reconciling a 206 owner mentioning having a girlfriend.....but then I realised she must be a lesbian. ;)

Pug

Pug

Soldato
congrats! I got one for my 18th - best present i could have hoped for. I'll have it ALL of my life, and will be able to remember my family everytime i see it. I'd wager it cost ~ £450? Mine is B9 DAX and cost me £390 all them years ago - so i could be out.

Enjoy it, a lot of people on here dont like them, but they havent expeienced that fuzzy feeling you get with them (hard to explain!).

Only other prob is when someone you know sees you do something naughty/silly there's no: "Must've been someone else line!" :)

Soldato
Oracle said:
Cost of plate > than value of car, but happy birthday anyway!

eh?

car worth about 3-4k (just a guess), plate about £300

theres a few i want on my 206, would be hilarious to have a car worth so little compared to the plate, if i had a 106 PUG 106 would be rather cool :)

W8 PLS has just been taken - i wanted that :(

anyway - hey whats wrong with the 206? :o :p 18/yo male, diablo red 5dr makes me the envy of all the laydeez :cool:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
OP
Leave my girly car alone! At least is isn't the CC!

It's a steady A to B car for when I grow up a little bit and get me something more my style. Right now, anything with some poke in my hands would be scattered around the fields of Lancashire with parts of me here and there too.

It could be a worse car. The pros for me is its probably the better looking car in its class, one of the safest and I find it really comfortable. Cons... it's French.

I bought it last March as I started working 45 miles from home and needed something to get me up the motorway. I had a multi coloured 1.2 60S Punto before that... scary to drive on the motorway.

It's not bad seeing as I racked up 15000 miles in about 10 months from when I bought it. I've only had the alternator brake on it. I'm also not very forgiving to it either.

The wheeltrims went into space about 2 days after I bought it. High curb plus first car with PAS = whoops! I took off the whole left side, but put back one from the other side on the front. The wheel trims cost an absolute fortune for about a fivers worth of plastic. I want to get me some Peugeot "Vortex" or "Nimrod" wheels. The standard wheels are quite nice from Pug.

It does need lowering and stiffening up a bit. I run the country roads daily and having a torsion bar setup at the back and soggy springs up the front cause it to behave rather crappy in the corners, and it rolls rather badly.

Soldato
Original wheel trims are expensive from the manufacture. I'd suggest you check out ebay or just keep an eye out when going through a car park or a skip. I always seem loads on the side of the room (saw a few original peg ones).

Back
Top Bottom