Weird boiler pressure issue - keeps dropping.

Caporegime
We have a house built in the 80's but the previous owners did a complete extension refurb and put a viessmann combi boiler in.

The old part of the house has 8 radiators. The kitchen and new extension part has underfloor heating. It's worked fine for 2 ½ years and I even had it serviced less than year ago just to be on the safe side.

A few nights ago I noticed the boiler sounded different when firing up, so I checked and the pressure was low - nearly zero.

I filled it back to 1 bar and assumed I had solved it.

But the pressure now appears to drop quite rapidly (within 8 hours) and goes back to 0!

I've had to re-fill it 3 times in 24 hours. Usually once or twice a year would be enough.

I've checked every radiator in the house and looked for damp walls and can't see anything.

It's possible the leak is with the underfloor heating but that is impossible to get at as it's under tiles in the kitchen.

I know I will need a professional to look in to this, but where else could this water possibly be draining out of? And wouldn't it be really obvious if it's losing pressure that quickly and presumably leaking water somewhere?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Another question then. The pipes from the boiler are all behind a fitted kitchen cabinet

Would I be expected to remove all this, so a gas technician can access everything? Or would they do that?

Back
Top Bottom