weird problem

Soldato
i format my pc the other day (full format) re-installed windows, everything went fine, installed the graphics card drivers - everything went fine, then when i come to install the motherboard drivers and rebooted the pc it was sticking at the green status bar before loading windwos, tried booting in safe mode and there are no probs, i restored to the last known good configuration and it boots fine so im guessing it must be something to do with the motherboard drivers? although this has happened on the odd ocassion its never failed to work after a few resets, the only thing i have plugged into the usb port is my keyboard and this has never had any issues. ive formated plenty of times with this driver disc and the same setup with no probs?
another thing is when i was resetting the pc to try and get it to boot it was saying there was a boot disk faliure

spec is:
asus a8ne
opteron 148
tagen 580
x800 gto 2
2gb geil

there were no issues before i formated other than windows being messed up

Soldato
OP
update.

i did a full format, installed windows - no probs

rebooted

installed mobo drivers and did a disk defragment - no probs

rebooted

installed sound card driver - no probs

rebooted

installed graphics card driver, rebooted and it locked up again!

so last time i installed gfx drivers and it was fine, only locked up after i installed the mobo drivers,

this time i installed the mobo drivers first with no probs, installed gfx drivers and its got the same problem again?

Soldato
OP
PSU is a Tagen 580w, and yea the system was overclocked but was running stable with no issues before the format, ive since reset to default bios settings so its running standard now and im getting the same problem

Associate
You tried flashing the CMOS or possibly even checking the bios just to make sure it will support the usb keybaord?

Soldato
OP
i havnt actually ill give that a go, i only reset to defaut settings incase it was the overclock causing a prob.

the keyboard has worked previously, but ill try booting without it plugged in and see if it makes a differance.

thanks for the reply

Soldato
My first port of call would be to update everything possible using Windows Update, then download the latest versions of the motherboard & GFX drivers and install them- Sounds like something is conflicting somewhere.
Other than that, try a memtest/ prime- Maybe the last set of drivers is putting too much strain on the machine.

-Leezer-

Back
Top Bottom