Weird.....

Soldato
Hi,

Weirdest thing just happened was writing a letter in word and my pc just shut itself off and rebooted....

Hmmmm

Never happened before, it just stopped like it wasnt getting any power and then rebooted, no error msgs nothing???

I did install 2 x 80mm cooling fans earlier this evening and have not changed anything else....

Any ideas what it could be?

Soldato
OP
Just checked if I had enough power using my 350w psu and extreme reported I am currently using 283w only.....

Are there any other checks I could do to find out what is straining the PSU?

Altho the problem only started when I connected the second cooling fan, is there any way around this other than buying a new PSU and volt modding the 80mm fan?

Is it because of the 12v rail? Does it have something to do with it?

Associate
Yeah i would say its your PSU, It may be rated at 350w but that doesnt mean it is actually capable of putting that out. Its also not all about the wattage but also the ampage. 285w is quite a high load for a generic/cheap 350 psu and once under load it might easierly be pushed over the limit, also monitoring software is never 100% accurate so it could be you are using even more power (if extreme is software?).

Soldato
thewonderstoat said:
If you have a car that does 150mph and drove it at 150mph for a long perod, it would soon fail - I'd be looking for at leatst 450W for that system.

That's only really true if it's a poor quality PSU. I only have a 350W PSU and my system is also overclocked. But it's an Antec so I don't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom