Well I fell down the custom keyboard world.

Associate
Im thinking of getting an Epomaker keyboard with budgerigar switches as I type a lot for work and the mx keys s sometimes doesn't feel that good after a long typing session. was wanting to get an Rt100 with budgerigar switches but can't seem to find any so may have to go with the th 80 model.
Th80 is a good starter keyboard, and budgerigar switches are very light I have them in a 65% board and it took some getting used to.

Associate
Budgerigars are tactile- a very different sound and feel to a linear switch. Flamingos are also fairly light/middle weight. I use both and they're both great value and don't need any further work, but try and think what type of switch you might prefer.

Associate
How did you find them for typing? I was also looking at sea salt silent switches and flamingo switches
They were ok, I have not tried seat salt but flamingo are also light. My th80 which I bought off this forum came with gateron yellow which is a linear switch and my preferred weight around 50g. Really depends if you are after a tactile, linear or clicky switch, it really is a personnel preference

Last edited:
Associate
No, although interesting use of 'Ascend' when it's commonly associated with Glorious.

Also, their website has a Keychron image being used on it, which is confusing. Are they actually legit?

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like they are a UK company customising other brand keyboards- in this case a Wooting. If prices are OK then fine, but I don't see the point myself.
They're selling a Wooting 60HE for 370 quid... Compared to 165 from Wooting directly (with 10 for shipping).

The only difference being that they've put it in a KBDFans Tofu case with a brass weight and using different keycaps, it's a pretty hefty markup.

Associate
They're selling a Wooting 60HE for 370 quid... Compared to 165 from Wooting directly (with 10 for shipping).

The only difference being that they've put it in a KBDFans Tofu case with a brass weight and using different keycaps, it's a pretty hefty markup.
Pointless then! Why pay someone else to have all the fun?!

Man of Honour
Work in progress
Qh0ZbLQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom