Went outside for an extended period yesterday.

Associate
I was grossly overweight for many years and had reached 22 stone and would be in extreme pain after 2 minutes of just standing. Last summer I was encouraged very subtlety by a good friend to lose some weight, in 9 months I was able to shed 7 stone and the backache slowly disappeared with the weight loss. For about 15 years I was a prisoner in my second floor one-bedroom flat and would rarely venture out unless necessary, my computer was pretty much my life.

From an early age, I was absolutely mad about fishing and would go at every opportunity, this continued until my late 30s when the weight gain started. About a week ago, I was thinking of upgrading my 10980XE/ RTX3090 based system and had saved up about £600, it turned out that I would need to spend about £1000 to make the upgrade worthwhile. So rather than save up more, I did the sensible thing of blowing the lot on some very nice sea fishing rods and reels. I got an extremely good deal on a new spinning rod and paid £100 for what normally retails at £280, I also grabbed another nice rod and a couple of Gucci reels.

My friend and I went down to Weymouth yesterday, it was chucking it down, but that wasn't going to stop me. My friend pretty much gave up after about 20 minutes, but I carried on for 3 hours using an artificial lure, I didn't see it but lost one fish, not of any real size it got the blood pumping for a few seconds.

By the end of the session, between my shoulder blades was killing me, it was fantastic and thoroughly enjoyed myself, can't wait to go again.

Back
Top Bottom