We're No 1

MGP

MGP

Soldato
Looks like we've finally reclaimed our rightful spot at No 1 as the best seti boinc team :D

At 9:00 am UTC this morning Berkeleys own stats show:

1 OcUK - Overclockers UK 2184 164,024.56 16,786,437.47
2 SETI.Germany 10028 154,467.63 16,771,246.87

Similarly the Deutschebeat graph says were currently over 14,000 ahead after landing on the 18th January.

Congratulations to one and all on a tremendous effort given at one stage we were over 400000 behind only a couple of months ago, it's a tremendous effort. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

No slacking now, we need to build that lead, so they can't restomp :eek::

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by TheBeansprout
We're nearly 50,000 ahead!

I think you are misreading Mudnapper's chart :confused: That shows (at 14:00) we are 35,000 ahead.

The astounding fact is we are 50,000 cobblestones gained since midnight. That has allowed us to stomp with authority.

Do you think the lesser mortals have thrown in the towel yet :D

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by shadyseti
All rumours of the UK residence known as the shadyshack , being fitted with surface to air missles , computer controlled machine guns ,armour plated walls and a backup fission reactor were strongly denied.

I trust those are crunching when not needed for defence purposes :p

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
We're not clear of them yet. I don't know if they are trying a last ditch 25th hour attempt to close the stable door after the horse has bolted (it's that animal cruncher thread again :eek: ), but they're pulling a few WUs out of the hat in the last few hours.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Each time in the last fortnight or so that the validator has played up (and the queue seems to be climbing a bit again), as you say we gain as it first seems to get reset, and then they try to close the gap. Over this time our net gain has been higher than theirs. Hopefully we gained enough early today that we have the first signs of a sustainable increasing lead.

Note to self: Must resist the temptation now wer'e just ahead to move to much power to other boinc projects and see if we can close gaps in those too.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Don't look now, but they're creeping back up to us. A restomp is highly likely. There's on 6,000 in it. :eek:

I suppose that it is to be expected that they are in a position to threaten us. The RAC betwen the teams suggest a difference of only around 10,000. That's assuming of course that the RAC has any level of accuracy given recent validator outages. That suggests that our meteric gap closing and stomping rise of earlier today will even itself out to a much smaller overall daily gain over each of the next few days. Let's hope that process allows us to hold the lead untill the gradual gains are telling.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Ouch. In the last hour Deutshebeat Chart they've just hit us for over 17,000 WUs. :eek: Goes completely against what's happened in the last few days, especially as it show us with no credit at all in the last hour.

Deutshebeat%2021-1-05.JPG

Lets hope the charts has some sort of bug. Otherwise we need to get our fingers out, or our lead is very very dicey :(

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by TheBeansprout
http://69.61.17.180/boinc/chart/SETI_30189_30187_beat.png

^ This hour's one looks slightly better!

Deutsehbeat%2021-1-05%20%232.JPG

Yep looks like it must have been some sort of abberration in the boinc stats themselves. Effectively this hour we regained the last hour's losses. :)

It's a shame though that the last hour was end of the day stuff so it made us loose substantially for yesterday, which shouldn't have been the case. :(

Last edited:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by SiDeWInDeR
Do you reckon the Germans have posted a thread on their forum (if they have one) complaining about OcUk :p

They did have something just before we caught up. Looks like they are trying to rally themselves for a fightback, they are up 6k so far today. :eek:

Our lead isn't that much that it could easily be beaten, especially if they have been getting new or returning boinc crunchers at the rate we have. :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Concorde Rules
Okey okey stop parading!! (sp?)

Some of you come over to F@H cos we need some more GHz....

:D

Today so far they are doing quite well regaining nearly 8,000 on us. At that sort of pace our lead is very tenuous. Especially as it appears our seti team RAC is actually dropping a tad.

We can't rest on our laurels and all desert to other projects, tempting and attractive as that might seem. Even a moderate swing in interest will be enough for them to regain the initiative, and that would never do.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
I hate to have to say it but we might be in trouble. Looking at my stats my RAC isn't really changing. My cruncher settings haven't significantly altered either. Yes I have a pile of pending credit, but so do most of us, in fact as always, the more you crunch chances are the higher you pending queues, untill that eventually reaches some level of equilibrium.

Assuming all crunchers are getting a similar slice of the pie on the validator, this would imply that if our individual RAC is where we expect, but our team RAC is inadequate, we're in trouble :eek: :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by RogueTLDW
what really confuses me is I've gone up a place due to the fact we seem to of lost mudnaper ?

i've checked seti synery stats and the eeh chart but he's no longer showing in the team ? Thats a 5k plus loss in RAC for today for starters ?

I dont think he'd leave after putting in all that work on the charts so maybe there is some kind of screw up again ? any ideas whats happened ?

Borkley strikes again, and is now infesting the charts. :(

I hope :rolleyes:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
This isn't good, I'm seeing seti reporting no work availabel messages too. That's on the couple of PCs I have running the GUI. Who knows what the borged ones are doing :(

Meanswhile their RAC is now higher than ours according to the Deutshebeat charts. It'll only be a day or at most two, and we'll slip back down into second again. That's going to leave a lot of egg on face. :mad:

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by RobOC
Looks like the validation queue is rising again (90k at the time of writing). I hope they don't just dump the outstanding credit again this time like they seemed to do last time.. the way it just disappeared was quite suspect before..

At least we've gained a slight cushion over the last couple of days that might cover us for any anomolies in the validator.

Borkley clearly have an issue to deal with. If the validator cannot cope with the current level of traffic there's no way they can finally ditch classic.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by RobOC
Also, my machine seems to have duplicated itself in the stats recently when I changed my local IP and it doesn't seem to want to let me merge them on the seti site. Anyone know why?

The merge thing is a big issue. Recent changes in the boinc beta clients form 4.13 upwards have been indentifing the same PCs differenly, yet they cannot be merged. I'd imagine your changed IP has had a similar effect. Its a borkley thing. Live with it :)

Back
Top Bottom