We're No 1

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by MGP
They did have something just before we caught up. Looks like they are trying to rally themselves for a fightback, they are up 6k so far today. :eek:

Our lead isn't that much that it could easily be beaten, especially if they have been getting new or returning boinc crunchers at the rate we have. :(

The more worrying one is that although we've had new starters they've had more - their ACTIVE members number on the DB chart is up close on 100 since we started - ours is only up 20 odd.

M.

Soldato
Not so happy now are they:

gwilshaw-german.jpg

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Concorde Rules
Okey okey stop parading!! (sp?)

Some of you come over to F@H cos we need some more GHz....

:D

Today so far they are doing quite well regaining nearly 8,000 on us. At that sort of pace our lead is very tenuous. Especially as it appears our seti team RAC is actually dropping a tad.

We can't rest on our laurels and all desert to other projects, tempting and attractive as that might seem. Even a moderate swing in interest will be enough for them to regain the initiative, and that would never do.

Associate
Hell if we don't pull something out in the next few hours they're going to be back in front :rolleyes: They've gained 12k today, and the RAC is now in their favour...

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Originally posted by RobOC
Hell if we don't pull something out in the next few hours they're going to be back in front :rolleyes: They've gained 12k today, and the RAC is now in their favour...

I suspect (hope) its just the slings and arrows of outrageous validation - and all will come out in the wash when we get our share of credits allocated.

The "results in progress" total on the server status pages was over 2 million for the first time in ages tonight - back below 1.8 million now, but thats a lot of wu's out there being crunched - which we need to be returned before we gets our credit. We (TJC) seem to have an awful lot of "pendings" from a quick glance.

Associate
Hmmmmmm well they gained 11k back on us today :(

and I'm now down to just 14 PC's ..my RAC is still not to bad but its only due to the validator which is rapidly eating through the credits i had pending so it will drop more soon

what really confuses me is I've gone up a place due to the fact we seem to of lost mudnaper ?

i've checked seti synery stats and the eeh chart but he's no longer showing in the team ? Thats a 5k plus loss in RAC for today for starters ?

I dont think he'd leave after putting in all that work on the charts so maybe there is some kind of screw up again ? any ideas whats happened ?

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
I hate to have to say it but we might be in trouble. Looking at my stats my RAC isn't really changing. My cruncher settings haven't significantly altered either. Yes I have a pile of pending credit, but so do most of us, in fact as always, the more you crunch chances are the higher you pending queues, untill that eventually reaches some level of equilibrium.

Assuming all crunchers are getting a similar slice of the pie on the validator, this would imply that if our individual RAC is where we expect, but our team RAC is inadequate, we're in trouble :eek: :(

MGP

MGP

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by RogueTLDW
what really confuses me is I've gone up a place due to the fact we seem to of lost mudnaper ?

i've checked seti synery stats and the eeh chart but he's no longer showing in the team ? Thats a 5k plus loss in RAC for today for starters ?

I dont think he'd leave after putting in all that work on the charts so maybe there is some kind of screw up again ? any ideas whats happened ?

Borkley strikes again, and is now infesting the charts. :(

I hope :rolleyes:

Associate
Hmmmmmm well they gained 11k back on us today :(
and I'm now down to just 14 PC's ..my RAC is still not to bad but its only due to the validator which is rapidly eating through the credits i had pending so it will drop more soon
Sorry chaps we had some problems with the borking and need to take a sabbatical. Hopefully a short one. :mad: . No problems with the EEH charts, signatures etc.

Associate
after the work you've put in on those charts and sigs mate ..you can do no evil

er... but theres no excuse for slacking so I do hope the sabbatical is over quick lol

I have a feeling MGP is right and we will soon be playing catch up again

I'd crawl on hands and knees at work and beg for more crunchers but the last time i did i just got told to make the tea :(

I dont want to see tomorrows stats now lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I dont want to see tomorrows stats now lol
It'll hit the daily credit pretty hard, but doesn't cause an immediate jump in stats.

Sounds like a pretty good incentive for some people to bring some more crunchers to the cause - of course we'll still miss Mudnaper's contribution.

Back
Top Bottom