US: Westworld

Soldato
There aren't many TV show trailers that pique my interest, but this looks like it has something different about it. Looking forward to it.

Soldato
With Anthony Hopkins it cannot be too bad, bad is another series of humans that C4 are now advertising ?
But of its gendre: Blade Runner > West World > Ex-Machina ?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Four episodes of it were sent to major press, and so far the reviews are rather carefully worded - as in - good to watch, but it's not as ground breaking, table turning, "the next GoT" taking the world by fire of a show as the budget and media machine would suggest. One reviewer even suggested "Stranger Things" delivered bigger thrill and shock, due to WW being a rehashed idea - we all know the plot (and if we don't the trailer made sure that we do) - so the only surprise can be in method of delivery.

Commissario
Enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Not sure if this is really a spoiler or not, hence the tag.
Nice twist, swapping the robot and the guest around, unexpected.

Commissario
I do like the very last scene,

when she smashed that fly
I thought that was the most obvious part of the whole show, was just waiting for it to happen ever since the line earlier.

The part I'm referring to is where
the man in black turns out to be the human and the dude from the train is the robot. Role reversal from the original film.

Caporegime
It's a fantastic opening episode. I haven't seen the film so I don't know if there is much more to the film that you'd expect to see in the show beyond what has happened. At this point it could still go either way, Lost style constantly unanswered questions or an actually good plot that is engaging and interesting.

In terms of how it looked, I thought the style, locations and design of the Westworld and the lab area, was all fantastic. The cast seems fantastic, the acting and dialogue was good.

Extremely positive start, just hope it continues to live up to the first episode.

Back
Top Bottom