WFH office chair, Hero??

Associate
Hi guys,

So like most people I've been working from home and my 15 year old office chair is crippling me.

I need a comfy chair with lumbar support which both me and my wife can use. I'm 5,11 and she's 5,3.

I've been looking at the Hero but am concerned that the chair will be too tall for my wife (what's the lowest setting?) And that the seat will be too hard.

People on Reddit always slate gaming chairs but I get the feeling there's an element of snobbery on Reddit.

Cheers,

Associate
Hi Muso,

I'm 6ft2 and wife is around 5ft3ish and has no issues with my Hero, however if you find it does not go low enough for her legs then there is a shorter gas strut you can get which allows it to go lower.

With regards to being too firm, this is very subjective, depending on what you are used to using you might find it a little firmer that your old chairs but you soon get used to it.

I'm glad I made the switch and wished I had done it more than ago

Associate
OP
Hi thanks for getting back to me so quickly, you've helped me make up my mind I'm going to get one. Honestly this chair I'm on is 15 years old and it feels like I'm sat on wood!

Is there anything else you can say about the chair? Is the lumbar support decent?

Associate
Lumbar support is fine plus the cushion helps for extra long periods in the chair.

The only criticism i have is that i can start to feel the metal logo during long periods in the chair, wouldn't stop me from buying it again but would have preferred it to be stitched.

Associate
OP
Hi, I've pulled the trigger on the Hero let's see how it is! Thanks for all the info mate I really appreciate it cheers!

Associate
OP
Hi,

I have had the chair for a couple of days now and I really like it, compared to my worn out old chair it's amazingly comfortable.

I'm amazed to say it has apparently pretty much fixed my lower back pain probably caused by my old chair. The build quality is really good, the only issue is it is actually quite tall, I'm 5'11 and pretty much on the lowest setting when I tilt it back a little I can't touch the floor. My wife who is 5'4 can't touch the floor at all so I've ordered the lowest gas lift which I'm sure will sort this.

My main concern when ordering this was that the seat was going to be too hard, it totally isn't in my opinion and that's comparing it to your standard office chair.

Another bonus also is as a guitar player it's possible to angle the arm rests and sit on the end of the chair and play without hitting your arms on the rests, well it's working for me.

So far so good!

Back
Top Bottom