What annoys you about your current car?

Soldato
I think we all know there's no such thing as the perfect car (except a BMW 5 series for TWFox!) and we all have to make compromises to get the most suitable.

Since getting my car i've found certain things that annoy me that i hadn't experienced on previous cars.

Mainly around safety features, as the doors auto-lock when you start moving, but the passengers then can't open them unless the driver presses a buttom and unlocks the car. I get not allowing them to be opened from the outside, but i've never known the internal handles to be de-activated also. I'd have thought it was some kind of child lock but i can't find any way to disable it!

The other one is that the electric boot won't open unless the ignition is switched off. So many times i've been dropping someone off and forget resulting in lots of efforts to open the boot, only for me to remember i need to switch the ignition off.

What things annoy you about yours?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Ok, so how do you deal with the annoying wipers reacting to a momentary splash when it isn't raining issue if they're always on?

Lights I agree, never a reason not to be always auto but guess what, that's exactly how auto lights work...

I just leave them to do their thing. If they turn on for a cursory splash then it doesn't bother me. I will accept my treatment of cars is different to most in here though and a few streaks are the least of my issues :p

Auto wipers work exactly like that for me too. I'd be gutted if they didn't, but they have across my last 3 cars (Alfa, Mercedes and Lexus). Always annoys me if the mechanic has messed with the setting after a service/MOT and i have to fiddle setting it again!

Back
Top Bottom