• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

what are everyones thoughts on x2 6000+

Associate
this is my current rig:
AMD X2 4800+ am2
Asus m2n32 duluxe motherboard
Corsair XMS6400 2GB DDR2 (2x1GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC
7900GTX

basically i am thinking about giving it a boost, possibly looking to get vista in the next few months (not yet anyway).

i saw in the offers page the 6000+ cpu and was tempted by the price to say the least. any thoughts?

Caporegime
i think if you dont want too change everything then its a decent buy but id wait few more days if getting one cause if dou prices being slashed on 22nd april then these might come down more and if cheaper should be nice.Forget the c2d peeps who gunna bash it,it still will be very quick more than fast enough for any game situation at moment.

Soldato
well i don't see why you want to upgrade anyway, you can just overclock your current chip.

rather than buy this amd x2 6000 why don't you buy a Intel core 2 duo e6320 or e6420 and a gigabyte DS3 motherboard. Would roughly cost the same as the amd chip and if you overclock a little will beat the pants of it. Also you can use your current ram which mean less upgrading to do.

e6420 = 8 x 400(ram at default speed) 3200mhz which should require the amd to be about 3800mhz.

Associate
OP
hmm thanks for the suggestions guys, will wait next week and take stock of the market, to be perfectly honest, if i was to overclock i would need to re-evaluate my cooling options too so would have to take that into consideration :D

Permabanned
on the 22nd of this month ill hopefully be getting the e6600 coreduo chip for 112 pounds acording to thaem prices now thats a brucey bargain :)
amd will no doubt have to vertually give there processors away because of this and guess what its all the better for us :)

Last edited:
Soldato
does he want to oc ?

generally most pple do a little, but regardless was just offering some friendly advice.

hmm thanks for the suggestions guys, will wait next week and take stock of the market, to be perfectly honest, if i was to overclock i would need to re-evaluate my cooling options too so would have to take that into consideration

they usually attain 3000mhz on stock cooling, so thats something to take into account.

Caporegime
not being funny or nothing just stating that if theres a price drop coming from intel they might be going for a real bargin price so for the none overclocker with am2 could be a bargin.

Associate
_syn_ said:
this is my current rig:
AMD X2 4800+ am2
Asus m2n32 duluxe motherboard
Corsair XMS6400 2GB DDR2 (2x1GB) 800Mhz Non-ECC
7900GTX

basically i am thinking about giving it a boost, possibly looking to get vista in the next few months (not yet anyway).

i saw in the offers page the 6000+ cpu and was tempted by the price to say the least. any thoughts?
Bought an AM2 6000+, fantastic CPU especially with the recent price drop... :D go buy one now, extremely fast and excellent for gaming :cool:

Back
Top Bottom