What are the differences between the Samsung 930 BF, 940B & 960BF

Caporegime
im after a gaming monitor, and really like the idea of a pivot. Im not too bothered about the 8ms response time on the 940, as i currently have a 16ms panel that doesnt ghost, so i dont see why that will.

apart from the 4ms response time difference, why go for the 30 or 60 over the 40 ?

also, im looking at the Dell 2005 FPwidescreen, but im worried it will be too much of a pain in the ass as not enough games support it out of the box. Any1 care to comment on how difficult it is with a w/screen monitor ?

and whats the dell like ?

The three samungs all use the same panel from Samsung themselves. The 940B is the traiditonal non overdriven version rated at 8ms, and is very similar to the 913N and other models like the Hyundai L90D+ for example. The 930BF and 960BF are just more aggressively overdriven to boost grey transitions. not a major difference in performance, perhaps a little more responsive, but at the cost of more noise in movie playback. The thing that varies is the design, functionality and price, so just decide which fits your requirements more in these areas :)

950 BF with pivot it is then

as i have a 16ms panel that doesnt ghost, so see no need for a 4ms panel. and grey transitions dont really bother me.

only question is now though.

go for this or a 20 " widescreen. I cant decide :(

Back
Top Bottom