What are you experiences with accumulator bets?

Soldato
I was thinking of trying a couple maybe £1 or £2 stakes. What are your experiences?

What are doubles, trebles, lucky, folds, and Canadian bets?

Soldato
Depends on what your betting on. For football your best just ticking the accumulator box as the odds are generally too small for your lucky 15s, Canadians etc.

I have a go each week but it's more for fun rather than anything serious. Mix it up what I go for but recently halve gone for 8 away teams

The way I see it, it's better than sticking the money on the lottery which is pot luck vs a bet where there is some element of skill

Soldato
They're popular because it seems like you can bet on a handful of 'sure things' but end up with big odds and massive winnings. Bookies love them because they only need one of those sure things to go the other way and the bet is ruined.

It can be a relatively fun and cheap way to stick a quid on the football and potentially win £30+ every weekend but it's hardly some sort of cheat code to do over the bookies. If it didn't make them money they wouldn't offer it.

Soldato
So for 5 bets what is a lucky 31, doubles and trebles as opposed to a 5 x fold bet?

A 5 x fold is one bet. So £1 stake x 1 = £1

A lucky 31 is 31 bets. So £1 stake x 31 = £31

31= acca, four folds, trebles, doubles and singles

As I said above using lucky 15,31 etc isn't worth it on football bets but can win big on horses for eg where the odds are normally a lot bigger.

Youre best googling some of the stuff!

Soldato
OP
I get it now ta. Didn't realise the stake increased. In that case it's not so attractive unless you have quite a few bets. House always wins as they say.

How do they bookies work these things out, some mathematical geniuses begind the scenes I assume.

Soldato
I get it now ta. Didn't realise the stake increased. In that case it's not so attractive unless you have quite a few bets. House always wins as they say.

How do they bookies work these things out, some mathematical geniuses begind the scenes I assume.

That's the one. Most bookies general work to a book/margin of 106% so for every 106p they will always win 6p, although certain outcomes work more in their favour.

In summary the bookies do mostly win but with horses and football you can at least make calculated guesses unlike say roulette which is all down to luck. If you don't take it seriously and bet within your means it can be fun watching the scores come in on Soccer Saturday :)

Permabanned
Here is my last month's ACCA bets. Don't do it :)

Only takes one result in the football to loose, usually happens in the 85th minute ha!

1z6tpnl.jpg

23r1zwh.jpg

Soldato
Here is my last month's ACCA bets. Don't do it :)

Only takes one result in the football to loose, usually happens in the 85th minute ha!

1z6tpnl.jpg

23r1zwh.jpg

It goes both ways too. I've often found that if you're going to win 9/10 results will be assured by half time and then your last result will come at 90+1. Either way the betting gods want to bring on a coronary.

Caporegime
Almost always lose though some bookies offer acca insurance, if one of the selections loses you get your stake back.

Anyway it is for mugs, why not try matched betting ;).

Soldato
OP
I wonder if you could apply AI to it. Feed it say the last 10 years of football data including every variable you can think of.

Maybe football results are truly random. Or are they.

Associate
Managed to get up to 250 quid a few years ago, stuck the lot on a 5 way accumulator and Juventus let me down. I only needed 1 goal from them for a 37K win.

Never done one since.

Back
Top Bottom