What are you running? - Curved 1440p 144Hz

Associate
What curved 1440p 144Hz monitors are you running?

It seems a lot of brands share the same panels? So what should people look out for when buying?

Is 32” the sweet spot?

I really like 32" inch curved 16:9 tbh. The curve makes the panel seem so much smaller and manageable, your eyes cover the whole estate easily.

I have the Gigabyte G32QC and it largely fits the bill however has the usual downsides of backlight bleed and slower black responsiveness.
The only way to have perfect uniformity/snappy response is to go LG OLED but then you are pushing 4K pixels which rips performance.

I really like 32" inch curved 16:9 tbh. The curve makes the panel seem so much smaller and manageable, your eyes cover the whole estate easily.

I have the Gigabyte G32QC and it largely fits the bill however has the usual downsides of backlight bleed and slower black responsiveness.
The only way to have perfect uniformity/snappy response is to go LG OLED but then you are pushing 4K pixels which rips performance.
Thanks! I’ll give that a look. I had 32 in mind.

The Samsung G7 are praiced as you may know. And the first VA ever without smearing. Just as fast as a TN or good IPS!
Downside seems to be g-sync flicker tho. I myself was dead set on it, but havent jumped on it yet. Oh and it also have an exteme curvatur. And as I only used flat panels, I dont know how I would like it!

The Samsung G7 are praiced as you may know. And the first VA ever without smearing. Just as fast as a TN or good IPS!
Downside seems to be g-sync flicker tho. I myself was dead set on it, but havent jumped on it yet. Oh and it also have an exteme curvatur. And as I only used flat panels, I dont know how I would like it!
Mega bucks but looks amazing!

Looks really, really good!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...ed-backlit-curved-gaming-monit-mo-006-gi.html

Yeh its decent if you want games to look good but like I say the fast paced action can be blurry especially in darker scenes.
Also the stand is budget quality so I picked up a vesa desk mount instead
Hmm that's an interesting point regarding the stand... I have also been looking at the Dell equivalent.

Let us know what it’s like, did you get a good price? They usually go for £330.00 just looking online.

If it were me I would be checking for backlight bleed and smearing/overshoot but you may not care about such things. Good luck :D

Let us know what it’s like, did you get a good price? They usually go for £330.00 just looking online.

If it were me I would be checking for backlight bleed and smearing/overshoot but you may not care about such things. Good luck :D

I got a very good price which was one of the deciding factors. The Dell also had a much larger vertical range on the stand which was a big bonus for me at 6ft 3! I was also put off by the plastic/cheap feel stand on the Gigabyte. I can confirm the Dell one is solid and feels premium.

I have the ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B which seems to be the same as the Dell 32. 165 Hz is very smooth but has VA typical colour shift at angles ie at the edge of the screen due to the curve. May return and get Dell 27 165 hz IPS instead. Very good HWUB review of that.

I have the ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B which seems to be the same as the Dell 32. 165 Hz is very smooth but has VA typical colour shift at angles ie at the edge of the screen due to the curve. May return and get Dell 27 165 hz IPS instead. Very good HWUB review of that.

Availability for that model is rare atm it seems

Back
Top Bottom