What are you using for power under your standing desk?

Associate
I need an extension lead or PDU that I can mount under a standing desk with at least 10 sockets but this is proving difficult.

There’s a bunch of cheap PDUs on the rainforest site that would be perfect as being rack mount they have screw holes I could use to attach under the desk. The problem is they all seem to be sold by sketchy looking Chinese companies and several of the reviews raise safety concerns. The few British companies selling these appear to be reselling the same Chinese product, for example:

None of the reputable UK brands like Masterplug or Belkin have more than 6-8 sockets so I’m struggling a bit here. Can anyone recommend something?

I need an extension lead or PDU that I can mount under a standing desk with at least 10 sockets but this is proving difficult.

There’s a bunch of cheap PDUs on the rainforest site that would be perfect as being rack mount they have screw holes I could use to attach under the desk. The problem is they all seem to be sold by sketchy looking Chinese companies and several of the reviews raise safety concerns. The few British companies selling these appear to be reselling the same Chinese product, for example:

None of the reputable UK brands like Masterplug or Belkin have more than 6-8 sockets so I’m struggling a bit here. Can anyone recommend something?
I am using that very same one. Had if for over seven years and not had a single issue.

I'd just use two 6 individually switched socket extensions.
Unless you have 10 low powered devices to plug in

Last edited:
Same as you op. I bought some threaded screw in lugs, drilled the desk and screwed it on. Everything connects to that and then a single cable for power in the umbilical down to the PC.

Totally recommend this way to go.

Always remember to never exceed 3000w from any one plug. That means everything plugged into that extension cord if it's all turned on at the same time using maximum power should not exceed that 3kw limit. The fuse in the plug should save you by going pop but you don't really want to be risking a connection overheating by pushing anything that high.

Not sure what you'll be plugging in but there's a reason reputable brands tend not to go for a large amount of sockets off one plug.

3kw is over 2 high end pcs surely.
what are ya;lll doing plugging a 1200watt microwave in and a kettle so you never need the kitchen

Last edited:
My power supply in this PC is only 750W and that's the biggest thing I will be plugging into it. The rest is 3 monitors that are around 50W each, the standing desk itself, speakers, and a few low-power things like my phone charger, LED lightstrip, lamp, and clock. I doubt I will exceed 1000W worst case with everything on.

Back
Top Bottom