What Audiobooks are you listening to ?

Associate
I've just finished listening to the third book in the Dungeon Crawler Carl series by Matt Dinniman.

These books have made me laugh so much I'm so glad a came across them, the characters are brilliant, also the narration by Jeff Hays brings so much life to them.

I highly recommend!

Associate
OP
I loved that book, and the follow ups too. Generally most stuff narrated by Fry I'll enjoy. Also listened to the Norse mythology book, title escapes me right now, but that was also good, although a little drier and not narrated by Fry.
Mythos, narrated by Stephen Fry.
Unfortunately his silken voice tends to make me nod off after a few minutes, but fortunately i suffer with imsomnia, so i can catch up at 3 in the morning.

Yep, I loved his narration of the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series :o

Associate
OP
I find these thread depressing I'll look for several books people say are good and I'll own them all :(

I like the series that follows the dundeon leveling up, cannot think of its name now

Have you listened to The Name of the Wind, also referred to as The Kingkiller Chronicles ? It's a fantasy novel written by American author Patrick Rothfuss. Great books would sum them up as a more grown up harry potter ha! :D

Associate
OP
Just got into audio books in the last 6 months.. they're great for long distance driving.

Finished the Martian which was great currently 2/3 through Ready player One (I'm impressed by Wil Wheatons reading).

I've just started on another of Andy Weir's books "Hail Mary" I'm loving it so far, great narration too. Yeah the Ready player one audiobook is great.

Associate
OP
Just finished Project Hail Mary, fantastic book well read. Tempted to listen to it again straight away tbh but looking around to see what I could follow it with!
100 % Agree on Hail Mary.

I've Just started "Outland" by Dennis E Taylor, also Narrated by Ray porter.

"When the Yellowstone supervolcano erupts, it's up to six college students and their experimental physics project to prevent the end of civilization. When an experiment to study quantum uncertainty goes spectacularly wrong"

Associate
OP
Just finished "Never" by Ken Follett, I just couldn't get into this book. I loved his previous books "The Pillars of the earth" "The evening and the morning"

I just didn't care as much about the characters in this book.

Associate
OP
Currently listening to "Junkyard pirate" by Jamie McFarlane, really enjoying this so far, narrated by Mikael Naramore

"Knocking at death’s door. Bargaining for a second chance. Seems like a heck of a way to find out about an alien invasion… Vietnam vet Albert Jenkins is battling a bulging waistline and a passion for drink. So when a towering pile of scrap rocket parts falls and crushes the stubborn curmudgeon, he thinks it’s finally the end. But just as he’s about to take one final breath, a snarky alien parasite offers him a deal: his life in return for sharing his body. With a little coaxing from his new pop-culture-loving inner resident, AJ’s broken carcass improves so much that even an old flame is impressed. But his bright outlook fizzles when he discovers he's at ground zero of a galactic conspiracy to strip Earth of precious resources humans don't even know exist. Can the unlikely partners join forces and use AJ's rusty military skills to raise the alarm? Or, will the alien invaders put him down once and for all?"

Associate
OP
The Lies of Locke Lamora, the first book in the Gentlemen B@#!"~#d series, loved this book and the narration is brilliant, well recommended.

"An orphan’s life is harsh—and often short—in the mysterious island city of Camorr. But young Locke Lamora dodges death and slavery, becoming a thief under the tutelage of a gifted con artist. As leader of the band of light-fingered brothers known as the Gentleman B@#!"~#ds, Locke is soon infamous, fooling even the underworld’s most feared ruler. But in the shadows lurks someone still more ambitious and deadly. Faced with a bloody coup that threatens to destroy everyone and everything that holds meaning in his mercenary life, Locke vows to beat the enemy at his own brutal game—or die trying."
"
lteiuh8.jpg

Associate
OP
Just finished Watchers, by Dean Koontz. a great book and great narration, Was a book I didn't want to end.

On his thirty-sixth birthday, Travis Cornell hikes into the foothills of the Santa Ana Mountains. But his path is soon blocked by a bedraggled Golden Retriever who will let him go no further into the dark woods.
That morning, Travis had been desperate to find some happiness in his lonely, seemingly cursed life. What he finds is a dog of alarming intelligence that soon leads him into a relentless storm of mankind's darkest creation...

97J4yee.png

Back
Top Bottom