What can I do to bring cpu temps down?

Associate
Hello, I posted in the bundles section for upgrade advice, then I posted in the 5900x cpu thread for overclocking advice after purchase. I decided to stick with stock in the end with core boost enabled and the XMP Profile being set to 1.

So I have the PC setup now but I'm not liking the look of my temps in idle and in-game. The cpu is between 40-45 at idle and between 68 and 76 in games. This increased to 80 when I defragged my HDD storage drives. The fan switch is currently set 1 notch from full speed. I would prefer to turn the fan switch down a notch to make the fans quieter but it doesn't look like I can without making some adjustments.

So, at the moment I have the Lian Li Lancool with 2 PWM intake fans on the front and 1 PWM exhaust fan on the rear (all stock) and the Brocken 3 Air cooler for the cpu. 1 Intake and 1 exhaust as shown on the manual. Both exhaust fans are operating in the same area though due to the case design.

I'm just checking my temps through HWMonitor and the cpu is currently at 42 with 589RPM, 550RPM, 822RPM and pump 1068RPM, 1058RPM and 1104RPM. Every other hardware component is in the low 30's. In-game during my brief checks my gpu is between 55-59 even when the GPU usage is being pushed hard.

So what do I need more PWM fans? If so which ones would you recommend and would they be used as intake or exhaust? If there is some other way to bring the temps down I'm all ears.

Associate
OP
Back
Top Bottom