• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What cards can I run the Palit Jetstream gtx 980 4gb with?

Associate
Hi,

This will be my first time attempting to run SLI and I have two issues.

1) The card takes up 2.5 slots (Palit Jetstream gtx 980 4gb) so running SLI will leave about 1cm between the cards which I know isn't good for cooling. I was thinking of maybe mounting one card vertically and one horizontally to resolve the cooling issue with a flexible SLI bridge between them but am struggling to find a case that could accommodate such oversized cards. Maybe there is a case that can mount the cards verticcally in SLI? Any advice on this would be welcome.

2) The second issue is that I will have to buy the card second hand due to age and I may not be able to find the same card. I know that the super jetstream will work but will it work with any other brands in sli if I can't find the same card?

Many thanks for the help and apologies if I have made any mistakes (my first forum post ever)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom