What condition is your phone in? Do you drop yours often?

Capodecina
Soldato
On a scale of 1 to 5 - 5 being pristine and in full working order, barely a scratch; 1 being smashed screen, scratches everywhere but somehow, by some miracle of God, it still just about works.

I've had mine for about six months and treat it very well, though I dropped it for the first time over the weekend TWICE and was pretty mortified.

However, it has a case and a screen protector and still looks like it came out of the factory, so I'd say it's a 5 currently. Will try to be a little more careful now when tired/drunk.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
My iPhone 7 has taken a number of knocks and drops in the 3.5 years I’ve had it, but the Spigen case it wears means it would rate 4.5 / 5 after a good clean.

I have a Pixel 4a 5G. Condition 5, with a solid Spigen 'dad case' on it. Hopefully it will last a couple of years.

Those Spigen cases seem impressive, to be fair, I have one myself. The 'rugged armour' cases are deceptively thin, but somehow they manage to cushion shocks quite well.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
I don't like cases, don't understand why people spend hundreds on great design then bubble wrap in huge chunky cases.

Well, some phones are too sleek and slippery. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they were intentionally designed that way so that people buy cases from the main manufacturers, then the phone company gets a cut.

My last smartphone was a Nokia Lumia 820 which I used without a case. I dropped it and the screen smashed, and I had to pay to get it replaced.

I then dropped it again, the screen smashed and it became unusable. I didn't want to pay again to have it replaced so I moved on to dumbphones for a few years.

Some phones are just electrical bars of soap waiting to be dropped.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
All of my phones get screen protectors put on them and a case as well. I've only ever dropped one phone that didn't have a case on and that was when I always put them in cases. I use a thin case at home and a big bulky one for work.

So you change cases depending on where you are?

Back
Top Bottom