• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What crappy luck

Associate
I'm having a crap time!!

After delivery problems, got a Suprim 3090 today, what a whopper!

This morning sat down and turned on the pc that has a 3070 in it. No power, nothing. Pressed the button, nothing. Checked the obvious, then jumped the pins on the ATX power connector and it jumped into life. Turned off, pressed power button again and it worked.

Messed about then the 3090 was delivered. Swapped the cards out, pressed the button, nothing. Jumped the ATX again, powered up but this time CPU not detected LED showing......no post.

Tearing my hair out on this build, its been one problem after another....

I think its the PSU so have ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions to try?

Associate
We need a bit more info bro.

CPU / Mobo
Inside the case / outside the case?

jumped the pins on the ATX power connector????
what psu??? why would you jump it?
when was it last working ok?
bios reset have you tried that?
bios update?

My suggestion is fix the system and get it nicely running with 3070. Before you move onto the 3090. That way you will have less issues in troubleshooting.

tnx

Associate
I'm having a crap time!!

This morning sat down and turned on the pc that has a 3070 in it. No power, nothing. Pressed the button, nothing. Checked the obvious, then jumped the pins on the ATX power connector and it jumped into life. Turned off, pressed power button again and it worked.

Messed about then the 3090 was delivered. Swapped the cards out, pressed the button, nothing. Jumped the ATX again, powered up but this time CPU not detected LED showing......no post.

I think its the PSU so have ordered one for delivery tomorrow. Anyone got any suggestions to try?

remove all the cables , memory , and cards. Re-seat everything and test. Oh and a cup of tea.

Associate
Given that the problem occurred BEFORE the 3090 was fitted, trying to derail the thread into an AMD love-in is absolutely shameless.

Disconnect everything non-essential, leaving just the CPU, RAM and GPU connected. Pull the power lead out, press the power button a few times, re-connect the power and see if it springs to life. Back when I was working (retired 2 years ago) I regularly encountered systems that needed the power 'flushed' before they would boot again. It normally pointed to the motherboard but I saw PSUs caused it as well as dying CR2032 CMOS batteries. Try the power flush first, if you haven't, it only takes a few seconds.

Soldato
I'm having a crap time!!

Good luck with new psu how old is the mobo?

Associate
OP
Hoped for help not a bashing of Nvidia Vs amd

The problem started before changing cards, so it can't be the card. Hopefully it's the PSU.

Mb is only 3 months old

Soldato
Hoped for help not a bashing of Nvidia Vs amd

The problem started before changing cards, so it can't be the card. Hopefully it's the PSU.

Mb is only 3 months old

Hey Bwgan, what PSU do you have currently in the rig and which one have you bought? do you run custom power cables?

Soldato
Would like to know what you meant by this
"jumped the pins on the ATX power connector"
whatever it is sounds a) really bad to do and b) something really wrong there.
Did you mean you reset the CMOS ?

Do you have an Intel or AMD CPU ? If Intel remove the 3070 and test and run off the onboard graphics.

Associate
OP
Wouldn't be amazed if its the psu....all the old stuff has failed on this build.
Gpu aio failed when new cpu but in
Mobo failed when new cpu
Graphics card failed while waiting for 30series card

Just waiting for the ram to go pop and its a full house

Soldato
Sounds like a PSU issue.

But the problem with PSU is that if you kept on using it, it could have easily damaged the motherboard and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom