What do gamers actually think about AI?

Soldato
OP
They've been putting AI buzzwords on things like motherboards for years, way before it actually became accessible to everyone.

Proper AI in games will be a game changer though, I think.

I agree, AI in games will be a game changer but AI buzzwords used to try and market something that literally has nothing to do with AI is just pure funny to me.

These brands must think people are actually stupid :cry:

Soldato
I don't know/can't be bothered to ask something like chatGPT but it would be hilarious to ask what it thinks of recent marketing trends around AI.

Soldato
I don't know/can't be bothered to ask something like chatGPT but it would be hilarious to ask what it thinks of recent marketing trends around AI.

I dont think it can answer questions in that way, it does not have any opinions that it forms like a human does.

Soldato
The marketing guff is beyond ridiculous!

I do however think it will ultimately prove to be a good thing long term. I'm looking forward to a game like Red Dead Redemption 2, where all of the NPC's are controlled by A.I acting within set parameters and being able to communicate like in the NVIDIA tech demo. Potentially means open world games won't end up void of things to do once the narrative is completed.

I think that's quite exciting.

Associate
Basically chatgpt in game would be awesome but more geared towards gaming with the lore etc all accurate and knowledge base updated.
People have made bots for existing games powered by AI which you'd never know they weren't real. A RuneScape bot trained on OSRS chat logs will hold conversations and roast everyone just like any OSRS moron would :cry: it really captured the true F U spirit of the OSRS community

Associate
I'm in favour of AI for the likes of resolution upscaling (duh); NPC AI; procedural generation of scenery, etc. I'm not in favour of the use of AI for basic art direction; plot/narrative; or anything of the sort.

Associate
I don't care if AI is used nor do I care exactly what it's used for, if the quality of the game is high that is.

Back
Top Bottom