• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What do gamers actually think about Ray-Tracing?

Soldato

SLpojqt.jpeg

Posted as a separate post so not to mess up other useful threads regarding ray tracing.

Worth completing this HUB survey too if you have a minute, it's part of the above video and link is also in the description area too and below here.

SURVEY: https://forms.gle/u43Pa7wEt63nZwSH7

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Luxo junior, back in the day :)

The fun times in tech, funny that Nvidia didn't last with Apple too.... wonders why :cry: , all AMD workstation cards now in Apple desktops and has been for a long time. Forgot even Nvidia was in Apple systems, just remember Microsoft and Sony and other companies running for their lives once they got involved with Nvidia and never to return.

$600 back in 2001, 2024 $1,051.95.

Top card was $1,051.95 back then in 2024 prices, today 4090 FE is $1600 and not even the full chip enabled and really $2000+ for any decent AIB and a top AIB ASUS strix oc in USA right now is $2300 from well known USA hardware retailers..

See how the world has gone mad and you can't blame inflation ? Technology was meant to get cheaper over time which it did but nowhere near what was promised back then and even back then prices were seen to be obscene for a $600 GPU but the difference back then is the prices would come down and even end up in cheap bins at most pc stores back then even before the new generation would be out. I lost count how many times I picked up graphics, sound cards, motherboards and CPUs back then in the cheap bins, cards for 1/3rd or more the retail price, just because they had damaged packaging or returned or even brand new not opened but they wanted to clear them for new stuff.

Now you never see that and they keep them at the same price and do the fake black friday deals and sale deals $50 off if you're lucky... This in UK I mean.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom