What do you clean your oven with.

Soldato
Normally I just use spray on stuff and it is a ball ache. Said to wife I will treat you to a pro to come in and clean the oven for your xmas present.
That didn't go down well so looked in cupboards and found a oven clean kit.
Put the stuff in a big plastic bag -pour the toxic liquid in -seal up and shake it about then leave it for 24 hrs. have just washed them and they are spotless but doing the bagging etc is a faf (wife just came in with a cadburys easter egg I hid a year ago)
God know's how I managed to change text but not faffing with it.
Anyway - is there a chemical I can purchase (25ltr etc) that I can use diluted and just fill up the exta large cat litter tray I have in the shed - I can then do them all in one go.
Just eaten the egg -Mmm.

The wife used to pinch them if I left one laying around - She has just found a Thorntons Pearl choc and another egg - said you have it but she wouldn't -On a choc free diet.

PS -cleaning the trays/grills

Last edited:
Anyway - is there a chemical I can purchase (25ltr etc) that I can use diluted and just fill up the exta large cat litter tray I have in the shed - I can then do them all in one go.
Just eaten the egg -Mmm.
Don't forget they're noxious chemicals still. I'll have a look at the can of Mr Muscle later for active ingredients.

make sure you've bought the real sodium-hydroxide based spray (get a case on amazon?) ;
bought 20L of 15% liquid bleech for patio , maybe that would work for detachable oven fitments, if you had a container.

Clean it more often so it doesn't get that bad, unfortunately there is no no fun way of doing it, you will need some sort of nasty chemicals to get the baked on stuff off

Last edited:
Wash your mouth out !!!! We clean it once a year anyway.

Yes I want some nasty chemicals to shift the baked on stuff -Got the gloves-masks and a lockable shed to put it in overnight. :)

I used to use the ones from Wilko, but that is no longer an option. Currently trying the orange 'oven cleaner' kit from all the standard supermarkets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom