What does it take to get a GOOD webcam????

Soldato
Dear all!

I've been tasked with setting up a cheap basic CCTV system for my mum's shop and i've been looking at webcams on an auction site.

My first effort was 10quid for a Creative NX Pro. Not bad quality, but obviously better was required.
Pic

Secondly I spotted a 3Com HomeConnect PC Digital - which had good reviews where I looked. I got it for 20quid and frankly it's terrible - does anyone why this could be? The best I can get is below (manually focused).
Pic

Obviously we're prepared to pay more for a decent camera - i'm thinking 50-60quid would be fine, maybe more - but i'm having trouble finding the right sort of thing. Needs to easily interface (USB) into a pc, which is currently a P3-700, although upgrading is a possibility. Webcams on this auction site seem to all be rubbish.

Thanks in advance for any help.

N

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help all,

With all of these options I am struggling to find screenshots or captured images comparing the quality of the various options, and am left completely in the dark about which one to go for.

Does anyone have any links that could help? Or keithedson could you post an image (or email to trust)?

Thanks again!
N

Back
Top Bottom