What does revised custom charges mean?

Permabanned
Hi Guys,

About 2 weeks ago i ordered a product from the USA which came to a value of $160 then i payed $33 for USPS priority mail international which takes 6-10 days. I have been tracking the order through both USPS and Parcel force's site and finally after all this time, i get the following:

17-01-2008 17:54 International Hub En route to delivery depot
17-01-2008 17:27 International Hub RELEASED WITH REVISED CHARGES
17-01-2008 17:26 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES
15-01-2008 20:16 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
15-01-2008 20:00 International Hub Arrived in destination country

What does RELEASED WITH REVISED CUSTOM CHARGES mean? How much do you think custom will charge, i hope not a lot, as this was 2 small items in one box, that don't hardly weigh a thing. One cable and 1 CD in a box that measures i don't know something like 30cm by 20cm by 3cm I should have asked the store to send the item as a gift.

Can anyone help me on this please

Much appreciated

Many thanks

i would have thought the custom charge was revised because the original price they charged was not fair so they lowered it but it sounds like your saying that they have charged more?

thanks for the replies guys

I have just tracked the item again and now it has been delivered to the depot, which is about a 45 minutes drive away. I read from internet searches that parcel force don't deliver the item till you have payed the custom charge. I also heard that they write you letter first, or you can call them up and drive to the depot pay by credit card and then collect the item direct.

Others say that they do deliver the unit and you pay them on the door, but then others also say that you pay the charge by phone and then you wait till they deliver.

What should i do?

TIA

Back
Top Bottom