what does your nest schedule look like?

Soldato
hi any chance you could share what your nest schedules look like?

I've been battling to get the heating right in my place
I believe that 19C is the best temperature now

what does your schedule look like?

Soldato
OP
nice let me see if I can get mine up now...
I simplified mine today I think.

btw 13C at night lol my eco is set at 17.5c

Soldato
OP
Christ. Do you not melt?

I'm hot in the night as it is! Although we have been saying it's pretty cold for the dogs and have debated putting it a bit higher. It's tempting to switch to Hive so i can get individually controller valves so i can leave the radiator by their beds high and leave the rest of the house cold.

in my place at 13c i dont even think the nest will ever turn on.

I got all radiators on slightly lower in the bedrooms
19c seems to work here.

Soldato
OP
I'm sure i dont need most of those points on the schedule but hey its a 4 bed detached in the country so it gets a bit chiller than a city house and to be fair the boiler usually switches off at 8pm if not before thanks to pre heating and doesnt come back on till it starts the preheat for 19C in the morning. also the section where it jumops from 16c to 19.5 back to 16 c again the bolier hardly comes on if i dont have the little one at home it would justt be left at 16c throughout the day

49160266002_b786a6077f_c.jpg

wow that looks overly complicated I thought mine was bad....

Soldato
OP
btw what temperature do you all get the green leaf? I get mine at 18.5C or below and the heating is set to 19C mostly
0.5 C out :(

Soldato
OP
So here is the deal
Tried 18.5 for the night and this morning

the temperature seems okay but now there is no leaf appearing on the nest?

But i did get a leaf on 18.5 before i made this change. How does this leaf technology work?

Soldato
OP
this thread has really got my thinking....

I see a lot of people here who have their nest or other schedules set to have a low temperature through the night. like 12c etc.

I will be honest here I had the night time temp to 19/19.5c but in the last few nights I changed it to 18.5C (thinking of lowering this a bit)

The thing I don't understand is this, let's assume that tonight I dropped the temperature to 14C at 12am, then I put the heating on for 18.5C at 6:30

Surely this big jump (from 14c to 18.5C) will be consuming much more energy than keeping the temps around about the same temperature all night long?

Soldato
OP
^^^^ good point, my nest is in the hallway
probably the coldest part of the house.

I don't believe the temperature would ever drop below 16/17C, the only time that happened was when away and the heating was not turned in 2 weeks.

I've spent a long time over the last 6 weeks trying to get the system how it was last year almost there now

Back
Top Bottom