What exactly do you get with Amazon Prime ?

Soldato
I get Prime Video free through work and I have to say it is improving every day. Lots more recent films and if you dive into some of the TV on there it is actually pretty good. Hooked on The Americans now :)

Associate
Also worth noting if you live in London, Birmigham, MK, Bristol, Edinburgh or Glasgow you can get free same day delivery if you order before 12.

Sadly not Manchester

Associate
I do not recommend Amazon Prime, I've subscribed since November 2013 and service was good until they started using their own courier service Amazon Logistics. They are the most incompetent couriers I have ever encountered.

They have messed up that many orders that I literally have one year of Prime membership added to my account by the amount of times I have had to ring them up chasing my orders, they deliver up until 9pm and on some occasions they don't update the status to indicate any problems until after then leaving you in the dark.

Just last week I had two orders that didn't arrive when I placed the order (next day) and as usual it was a call to Amazon who are always friendly and polite but in the end you are not getting the service you are paying for. Just imagine if this was during Black Friday or during the Christmas period, you would end up with delay after delay.

Soldato
Might be your area. They've been ok in mine and I normally get something delivered every other day.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The only issue I have with their courier service, is you can't track it with third party apps. However they deliver when they should.
Amazon prime movies is great.
Amazon music is great.
Unlimited photo storage is great.

And it's an absolute bargain.

Soldato
Haven't had a missed delivery in the last 12 months, maybe 50+ orders, all arrived next day. Even had a bunch come next day when I selected the slow delivery for the £1 credit.

Caporegime
The courier service is entirely down to your local region. You can't judge the whole service based on your local bloke in a random van.

I'm inside a same day zone which is epic. I litterallly couldn't give two poops about the streaming, its crap, but its worth the £39 a year for the postage.

Associate
Haven't had a missed delivery in the last 12 months, maybe 50+ orders, all arrived next day. Even had a bunch come next day when I selected the slow delivery for the £1 credit.
That's pretty good going! I didn't renew my membership when it ran out a few months back, since the streaming selection wasn't brilliant and I was too frustrated with several packages not arriving when they were supposed to. That was due to the delivery companies, not Amazon themselves, but it just defeated the purpose of paying for 1 day delivery when the success rate wasn't even close to perfect. I was also never offered a free month added on to my membership when things didn't arrive on time, which I've seen many people mention.

However, in saying all that, I still decided to sign up again at the £59 the other day :D

Back
Top Bottom