What Gives You the Right?

Soldato
Well put up a new thread in General Discussion - Postman Prat Where’s Me Mail?

Now and again l get pulled up about my grammar, punctuation, spelling etc. It’s no big deal to me now at 54 years old and had to give up a good job due to ill health, but thought l would say a few word’s on the subject because it’s happened to other folk as well. Has it ever a cured to those certain few, that they can’t help it. I for one lost out in my education due to personal reasons in my childhood 5 to 11 years of age and missed out on the basics of Maths, English (reading, writing, grammar, etc) Due to this l did not write letters, got embarrassed going to job interview’s when they checked your application form with you, etc.

So had to be content with Driving, Labouring jobs etc and eventually started for British Rail where l worked my way up from a Train Cleaner > Shunter > Depot Train Driver. BR had a policy in exams, etc as long as the Examiner could understand what you were saying within reason you weren’t penalised for spelling ,etc, so what l use to do was draw a diagram if the Rule or Reg had one to help get my answer across. Train Driver’s resit the Reg’s & Rule’s every two years but if they fail, they are given a fair chance to resit the exam and pass.

LOL, I’m lucky these day’s at least l can use Office 2007 and get most of my spelling, etc put right to a degree. So come on is it that big of a deal, the forum’s here to put a point of view across, about anything, have a laugh, and see what people’s point’s of view’s are on subject’s put up. I think l joined the forums in 2004 but just sat back and read the Hardware section, etc, and learnt a lot about computers just by reading the various sections’s+the general discussion and at the time still was embarrassed about my spelling, etc to join in. But a couple of years ago l said what the hell I’ll join in and so l have, so come on folk’s give it a rest is it that big of a deal?

Back
Top Bottom