• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What GPU should I get it with £450?

Associate
That's still a good card and significantly better than the recommended specs.

You could sell it for a good amount ~£300/400 then buy a 6700xt for ~£700/800.

Personally i'd stick with the 580. Maybe check your system is running optimally, drivers up to date, no processes hogging power, etc. Look into the radeon software and disable all enhancements that effect performance heavily like anti aliasing. Then go through the game's settings and tweak there after. Some settings can be a drain and not provide much impact on graphics, though these vary from game to game.

Associate
it says 980 though recommended - thae rx580 is marginally slower than that? I think Envy78 probably wants something starting at a 1660 super and go up from there according to affordability? I'd probably do what arbiter said tho and sell it and put that to a 6700xt, that'll make that game fly :) I'll probably end up doing something similar and selling the few old cards (960's 770's) and put something towards and bite the bullet with an extortionate 6700xt to do me till next year when all this mess becomes just a bad dream :D

Associate
580 8gb is definitely quicker than the standard 980. You might be remembering/looking at 980ti performance where there's a big jump.

I'd be wary of going 1660s type upgrade purely down to current pricing. The 2060 is a good deal better than 580 and still significantly better than the 1660s also. Just with small upgrades now, paying a premium just ain't worth imo. At around £500 for a 2060 and getting £350 back for the 580 the performance gain is not too bad. It's still a lot of faf and gambling on the sale and securing a purchase though.

Associate
At 450 RRP you can only buy a 3060 atm, but I would really recommend you to try to buy a cheap RRP 3070, the difference is huge and it would be about £100 more.
A Palit 3070 gaming pro is fairly good and about 550 RRP if you can find it …

I thought the cheaper AIB cards were supposed to match the FE's msrp of £469 for a 3070 (not that you can find them for that)... or is my dream of getting an Asus TUF 3070 for sub-500 actually impossible rather than very unlikely, haha.

Soldato
I'd say get a RTX 3070 FE for £470, because of DLSS support (and soon AMD FSR support).

You can buy them using a phone app like Discord, usually available for ~20 mins ish, so good idea to be logged into the website in advance / have details ready.

Ideally, they would make one with 12/16GB of VRAM, but it's not such a big deal really.

Associate
I'd say get a RTX 3070 FE for £470, because of DLSS support (and soon AMD FSR support).

You can buy them using a phone app like Discord, usually available for ~20 mins ish, so good idea to be logged into the website in advance / have details ready.

Ideally, they would make one with 12/16GB of VRAM, but it's not such a big deal really.

Good luck - 20 mins :)

But definitely if you can get a 3070FE for £470 don't hesitate. But you won't...

Associate

I've been trying to keep my eye out for one of those, sadly that partalerts discord isn't letting new people in and it looks like they don't post everything to their twitter (as I saw someone say they got one around the time the 3070ti version came out but I'd seen no tweet about it)... when you say logged into the website does that mean nVidia's one (as in I should make an account with them in advance)... or just the storefront (naming no names, naturally).

Back
Top Bottom