• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What GPU would you pick out of 3?

As stated above you can get an XTX for around £840, so I'd say that or a 4080 Super if you can stretch to £960, otherwise above that for the latter costs more than the extra features warrant IMO.

However, as a 6800 XT user myself I'd wait at this stage in the release cycles unless you really need the performance for a particular game and don't want to compromise with lower settings.

Being in the same situation, except that I've already got my 7800x3d installed and I only game at 1440p, I'd say 7900XTX or wait.
I've been a Sapphire Nitro+ card user for my previous two cards and the only thing keeping me from the top end Nitro+ is that it's still pricey, and to be honest, with summer just around the corner I'll probably be gaming less.
If I can hold out until the 8900 or similar series I guess I'll see more of an improvment. Did read something about AMD maybe not going toe-to-toe with Nvidia next time round so we'll see what transpires.

Yea I read that today, that the rumour is that the next AMD Radeon series will be another mid range refresh.

I own both a 4090 and an XTX Nitro atm and have to say the XTX is a great card if you don't mind its current shortcomings, but it is the Nitro which is pretty much the best one that you can get! I've had the Pulse version too and that was also a fab card :)

I own both a 4090 and an XTX Nitro atm and have to say the XTX is a great card if you don't mind its current shortcomings, but it is the Nitro which is pretty much the best one that you can get! I've had the Pulse version too and that was also a fab card :)
What would you say are it's short comings ? As looking at the Nitro for my main rig

Last edited:
As looking at the Nitro for my main rig
Main ones are poor upscaling (hopefully the next FSR that's due in X months will go some way to fix this) and the power usage is pretty nuts at times where it really shouldn't be. I use Chill to help negate this a little. And obviously weak RT, but we all know about that.

Other than that, great!

Main ones are poor upscaling (hopefully the next FSR that's due in X months will go some way to fix this) and the power usage is pretty nuts at times where it really shouldn't be. I use Chill to help negate this a little. And obviously weak RT, but we all know about that.

Other than that, great!
Thanks yeh I know ew about rt and power usage is high at times but hadn't thought about upscaling thanks again for the reply

My first choice in the current market would be a 4080/Super (at the new prices only £950) first then the 7900XTX if I didn't need any of Nvidia's "gimmicks or CUDA".

I see the OP purchased a 7900xtx and as an AMD user before that was clearly happy with AMD, so that would have been my choice for the OP.

Also the power connector issues are still putting me off all Nvidia cards this generation even after seeing many 4090s going for £850-£1000 in the second hand market, but I keep thinking fire risk and not willing to deal with the issues and the hassle of melting/fire, so hoping for next gen to fix these issues and hopefully return NVLINK to the GeForce cards or my next purchase will end up being an A series card with NVLINK (Quadro) or if they bring back Titans with NVLINK .. as I need these for my work and applications that require memory pooling and CUDA core pooling via an NVLINK Bridge.

Last edited:
full card too ....
Oh... oh.... my card is the full card, its a full Navi 32, this is a cut down Navi 31, its a better than mine but we'll gloss over that.

Now, YOU on the other hand have a cut down Navi 21, just so you know that is an older generation to mine....... AND SLOWER :p

So don't talk to me about full GPU's you _____ mine is, yours isn't, and mines betterer :D

Reason for Edit, its an RX 7900 XTX, a full Navi 31. :o

Last edited:
@pete910
Can yours do this? Hm? Hm? Hm????? :p

zM46F7F.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom