What happened to 75hz?

Soldato
OP
The reason I ask is I bought a 120hz monitor and took it back for various reasons, whilst I had it I noticed in BC2 that it didnt really go over 90FPS anyway and the average was more like 75, 80FPS

Soldato
OP
I think an average of 80FPS in BC2 with 4xAA, 16xAF and everything maxed at 1080 is pretty damn good seeing as though I built this system on a very tight budget if that means I have smaller epeen than you than a smaller epeen it is, it means I can skip a 120HZ monitor stick with my old Samsung which even though its three years old has better picture quality and buy other things

Soldato
OP
It was more in reponse to Fernick as well as you, and I'm always mad but why do you think I sound mad, because I mentioned epeen?

Just thinking about Fernicks comment it would be nice if he elaborated, if he runs everything at 120hz, what actually is everything? and how is it possible to run everything at a constant 120hz? Quad SLI 580 GTX maybe!?

Soldato
OP
It did feel a bit better but genuinely and honestly I couldnt really see what all the fuss is about it wasnt that much better, not as much as people seem to make out, maybe I just chose the wrong screen, I was so put off by the glossy finish and terrible colours that I didnt really have time to concentrate on how much of an improvement the refresh rate was

And I understand 120hz is the refresh rate buts its pointless if a game cant take advantage of it surely!? Plus I'm not fussed on 3d its a bit gimmicky and currently way overpriced

I think I'm just going to wait for Samsung to bring out a reasonable cost 120hz monitor without the built in 3d whenever that will be, I'm happy to stick with my current monitor for now

Soldato
OP
Very interesting thanks, I've noticed that with the LG too, its very 50/50 split with opinions.

I currently have a Samsung 226BW and the 120hz monitor I tried was the 23" Glossy screened Asus, I really didnt get on with that glossy screen at all, taking it back and setting the Samsung back up was like getting into your own bed after a two week holiday, so I'm also biding my time and seeing what makes an appearence but I'm really not interested in paying for built in 3d like the new Samsungs, I'd rather have a 120hz without so its initially cheaper and have the option to go 3d later

Soldato
OP
I hope so as I'm about to take on a mortgage and wont be able to buy PC parts any where near as frequently as I'm used to, to be honest my max budget for a monitor is approx £250 and theres nothing around that price range thats doing it for me at the moment, its a shame because I wanted one in time for BF3 but I suppose the positive of the situation is that at my current 1680x1050 native res my 560 GTX will be able to display more eye candy than it would at 1920x1080

Thanks for the help, let us know if you decide on anything as will I.

Back
Top Bottom