What happens if spark plug bits fall into the engine...?

Soldato
Just out of curiosity really. There was a bit of spark plug next to my actual spark plug, so perhaps in the car's past a bit may of fell into the engine.

What would it do and what would happen to it?

Soldato
OP
I don't know if any has done or if it did what size the bits were.

Say a small piece fell in, 1/4 of a spark plug. I guess it would get smashed to bits?

Would it still be there, as dust? Or would it leave with the exhaust?

Soldato
OP
kaiowas said:
If it's something that may have happened in the past and the engine has run since without any noticable ill effect then don't worry about it.

Oh, im sure that it hasnt caused damage. I was just curious as to what would have happened.

There was only ceramic in the spark plug well. Well, there are still some bits in there, tiny bits, I removed a big piece (1/2 the ceramique!) I was going to tape a straw to the dyson and hoover the small bits out.

Not that it needs new plugs at the moment anyway.

Soldato
OP
Enfield said:
I was seeing images of the threaded part of the spark plug in the engine lol.

What's actually happened then?

When I checked everything over in the engine bay thoroughly the other week there were/are some bits of spark plug next to one of the actual spartk plugs.

The bit I was able to remove with forceps was 1/2 of the ceramic (ceramique?) from the top 1/2 of the spark plug (the part the HT lead connects to).

Soldato
OP
Jimbo Mahoney said:
Spending too much time in the Overclocking and Cooling forum? :D

I did actually think of the Artic kind and then thought err... I don't actually know which is correct.

I will go and check my dictionary. :)

Back
Top Bottom