What Home Office Software / Hardware Gems have you found?

Soldato
I have been using my work computer at home since this whole thing kicked off and during that time, often sat with my work macbook under the monitors of my main PC screens. One thing I wanted to be able to do was use both work and home computers with one mouse/keyboard but old KVMs are ugly and rubbish.
Then I found Barrier. The software KVM you install on both and set one as a server and the others as clients. You can share clipboards, drag and drop etc. It's honestly saved me! I can switch seamlessly between machines now. Love it.

For meetings and headset I tend to use my airpods with the macbook, which have been great to be fair.

I have a really good and cheap desktop fan I bought the other day. Just keeps me cool next to all the screens. It's hot in there.

Good chair is key too, I've found. I have the Mirra 2 I got a refurbed one, and it's good, but I don't think it's the best seat I've ever sat on. But hey, I probably sit in it over 12hrs a day and don't notice, so can't be that bad.

I've just downloaded "Krisp" which is "AI noise reduction" for meetings - so supposed to cut out all background noise, like your kids going mental or dogs barking. I haven't tested it yet but will be doing so today.

Anyone else found any total gems during this time or before? Barrier is defo my top find. I'll report back on krisp too.

Back
Top Bottom