What In-ear headphones would you guys reccomend?

Soldato
Im getting a new phone soon and would like a decent pair of in-ear headphones so I can listern to mp3's etc.

I've got around £50 or more depending how good they are.

any reccomendations? or whats a good buy?

cheers

Soldato
There aren't really any in-ear headphones in that range.

The ranges seem to be £10-£40 and then £70+

I'm about to order the Sennheiser CX300s - apparently they are really good for their low price.

Associate
The Shure E2C are roughly in the £50 price range.

I don't know if they are better than the CX300 though.

I suspect they are competing in the same market: entry grade IEMs.

Soldato
Mikeyboy said:
Shure E2C's can be had for £50 if you look. I love mine.

Now available in black too, which look nice.

Really. I can't find them for that price. Brand new?

PS. If you know where I can pick them up for that I'd really appreciate an email as I'm about to buy some headphones :D

Associate
For the Shure, I just used everyone's favorite search engine. Didn't look too hard, just wanted to do a quick eval, and found one for £52.50 new and shipped. A few place still sell them for £70, but many have them for under £60.

The Icemat - *shrug* - probably not on most people's radar. They might be good, but I don't think they've really established themselves in the audio industry...

Soldato
TooNice said:
For the Shure, I just used everyone's favorite search engine. Didn't look too hard, just wanted to do a quick eval, and found one for £52.50 new and shipped. A few place still sell them for £70, but many have them for under £60.

The Icemat - *shrug* - probably not on most people's radar. They might be good, but I don't think they've really established themselves in the audio industry...

Are the Shure E2Cs MILES better than the CX300s?

In terms of bass what are they like?

Associate
TooNice said:
I don't know if they are better than the CX300 though.

I suspect they are competing in the same market: entry grade IEMs.
Basically, I don't know - never heard the CX-300 :)
I doubt that the E2C is "miles" better. I am going to make an educated guess that they are in the same league and it is down to your personal preference.

The E2C doesn't lack bass in terms of quantity, and I doubt the CX-300 would have more of it. Though some feel it has too much of it, and at the cost of mid/high..

If isolation is not an issue, I actually prefer the cheaper PortaPro/KSC-75 over the E2C.

Soldato
If you streatch to £55- 60 get Westone UM1's - they sound between e3 and e4 - but more on the bassier side than Shures bright side.

The E2c's are not that basy compaired to other IEMs!

Soldato
Shamrock said:
Just ordered some CX-300's for 32.99 to replace my EX71's, which died. I was just gonna make do until I actually used the Apple ones again, it felt like such a downgrade.

I hope you guys recommending them are right! ;)

I'm looking at these. Can you let me know what they're like?

Also, do they look nice? That's why I don't want to buy the Shures; I want something that is visually appealing.

Soldato
Got them and I've done a bit of testing. First thing I noticed is they don't have any sort of protective case, but there is a 2 year warranty.

Definately more bassy than the Sony's, but not so much that it drowns out the rest of the song. I'm not an audiophile so I don't know the best way to describe the sound, but I was pleased with the quality and how my fave songs sounded. Also, they were comfortable in the ears, difficult to shake out and the isolation was at least on par with the Sony's. Overall, an improvement over the Sony's (which I loved dearly) provided one channel doesn't cut out within a few months!

As for looks, you can decide. Here's a piccy, not the best quality though.
cx300.jpg

Soldato
OP
Well I got my new phone this morning (SE w800i) which Im very pleased with. Now the headphones that came with the phone are Sony HPM-70 now would the CX300 or any others be better than these sony ones I got with my phone?

cheers

Back
Top Bottom