What iPhone 4 accessories are you considering?

Caporegime
Hi Guys,

Thought a seperate thread on iPhone 4 accessories would be needed as I foresee the main iPhone 4 thread kicking off big time once the contract/PAYG pricing by each network provider comes out.

Since a lot of us will potentially want to protect the phone, dock it or buy something swish for your new purchase it seems a good idea to let know others what you are considering, the price point and the manufacturers website (you could put on the website you are buying from if it doesnt contravene OcUKs forum policy - so be warned).

Anyway what Im after (need to look into):

Screen/Back Protector (dont think Ill need a case this time if I combine a Bumper) - hoping Power Support/Bodyguardz bring something out
Bumper - will look at Switcheasy if they do anything interesting
Radio Dock
???

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
I've never really needed a case for my 3G.
2 years on and it has a couple of small scratches on the rear and one very small one on the screen. I certainly don't think it's worth covering it in all manner of screen protectors, as they are pretty tough.

Considering getting a bumper, if more than anything I like the fact that it adds a bit of colour and individualism... though they are expensive for a bit of rubber.

I've got a dock for my 3G which was like £2.99 off of ebay. If the iPhone 4 won't fit in that, think I'll just wait until people start making something similar.

Soldato
To be honest I doubt I'll bother with anything, I think it's no coincidence that the bumpers are only being modelled on the White version; I doubt they'd look that good on the Black version

Doubt I'll bother with a screen protector or case either and for £25 I cant be doing with the dock for that price

I'd rather spend the money on my iPad and getting a screen protector and dock for that instead

Soldato
I'll probably get a bumper style case from a third party through work or some other case, we'll see what comes out.

Need some sort of dock though. Hopefully adapters for universal dock will be about soon.

Soldato
My 3GS spent has spent about 9 months out of its 12 month life so far with screen and back protectors on. I really didn't like them, and in the end realised I had only really put them on there to try and keep it in pristine condition to get a good price when I came to sell it.

So I took everything off, and much prefer the phone as a result. I'm happy that I might get £20 less for it on the bay when the time comes. I'll take exactly the same approach with the iPhone 4 - no protection and I'll just enjoy it as is.

I've already got some decent headphones, so I don't think I'll bother with any other accessories.

Edit - forgot about iMovie - apparently it is something like £5.99 to download. I'll buy that.

Caporegime
OP
Need some sort of dock though. Hopefully adapters for universal dock will be about soon.
Already are iPhone 4 adapters for the universal dock on Apples website

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC598ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

I need a screen protector as I find the normal gloss finish way too reflective and when I used the PS anti-glare on the 3GS it was a massive improvement over finger smudges, reflectivity and I preferred the feel of it...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a small pouch of some sort to keep it in when its in my pocket, but no screen protectors and definately no cases. The design is one of the nicest things about the iphone 4 imo, would be pointless hiding it in an ugly case.

Soldato
My cheapy eBay gel case and screen protectors are on their way, just to have them from day one while I wait for/decide what posh case to get. I'm not paying £25 for a bumper, no sir.

Soldato
Already ordered the Universal Dock 4G adaptor (home use), and a spare 4G Dock for work purposes. I just need to do some research to see if the Bodyguardz chaps presently do shield/skins for the 4G. Imo they're better then the invis-skin jobbies I used to rave about.

Won't those bumper things cover the steel sides and possibly affect signal strength to a tiny extent?

Soldato
I will be definitely getting a black bumper case, screen protector and a dock adaptor

However if the bumper case and the dock don't work together ill have to rethink my plans :)

RJC

RJC

Don
I will probably buy leather case and dock. Kept my HD2 in the std leather case and still looked good as new after 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom