What is a reasonable price for an install of a single wall mount AC Unit?

Associate
What should I expect to pay for a Mitsubushi 3.5KW black ac wall mount unit installed by a f gas engineer? I'm not interested in the DIY route, just wanting to check I'm not getting ripped off.

I've had a quote for the following:
Mitsubushi Zen 3.5KW Black installed for £2000.

It includes full install, electric work, concealing of any pipes and clean up. They confirmed they would vac and pressure test the install.

Is it a good price or am I getting ripped off?

Last edited:
Soldato
When I last looked it was basically £2000 for the first unit which includes the outdoor unit then another £1000 for each additional indoor unit.

Soldato
Can you daisy chain any ac system like this? Or does it have to be one of those "multi split" types
No that's just how they priced it. It's probably not exact as you add more indoor units your outdoor one needs to increase in capacity.
My plans changed and I've decided to wait until the whole house is redecorated first.
I was having a 1kw in each of the 3 bedrooms a 2kw in the living room and a 1.5kw in the dining room.
I think from memory the outdoor unit was a 3kw.

Associate
OP
No that's just how they priced it. It's probably not exact as you add more indoor units your outdoor one needs to increase in capacity.
My plans changed and I've decided to wait until the whole house is redecorated first.
I was having a 1kw in each of the 3 bedrooms a 2kw in the living room and a 1.5kw in the dining room.
I think from memory the outdoor unit was a 3kw.
Thanks, I will speak to the installer about this. It would be great to do 4 or 5 rooms but I suspect I would need the 10kw unit.

Soldato
Thanks, I will speak to the installer about this. It would be great to do 4 or 5 rooms but I suspect I would need the 10kw unit.
From my understanding you don't need the outdoor unit to add up to what the indoor ones do. You don't run them all at 100% all the time.

Man of Honour
Thanks, do they work well in the summer heat? I've heard great things about Daikin but most installers seem to offer Mitsubushi/ Toshiba

Yes, very impressive, even on the hottest days with my gaming system pumping out extra heat. The AC unit barely breaks a sweat.

This was on one of our 40C days a couple of years ago:

Set to 23, 24 actual in the room, well over 40 outside :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom