• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What is Best CPU , AMD FX-8??? versus INTEL i5 i7 range. For Gaming. Comparison's

Associate
How does the INTEL processor compare to AMD in GENERAL.

(1. Oldest question in the book: No real definite answer only personal views by users - which is what i need to here)

(Also each CPU has different graphics capabilities and also memory communication and control capabilities/utilities)

2. Is there a recommended benchmark/review website that takes into account overclocking capabilities.

now i been trying to purchase a new gaming rig on a Smaller than i would like budget and the processors make's a big difference.

3. So do i go for a intel i5 4690k stock 3.5ghz - unknown full o/c capability

(which i would like to know and what MB you used with it to obtain that O/C value ??)

OR

4. Is there a cheaper AMD CPU that would be equal too or better in CPU capabilities including overclocking capabilities.

4.a. Also how do the two different CPU's INTEL AND AMD effect the graphics card capabilities. Integrated HD 4600 Graphics / ?? / EG. , Other AMD or INTEL Specific item.

AMD Radeon™ RAMDisk , AMD Radeon™ Solid State Drives (SSD) , AMD Radeon™ Memory, max memory speeds and how it communicates with memory

4.b. Is CPU shared memory a Advantage/disadvantage and built in CPU graphics Controller, what possible bottleneck of GPU problems may occur with AMD or with INTEL , are there any particular graphics advantages with AMD or INTEL,what integrated graphics capabilities and effects on installed cards are there using AMD or INTEL. GEFORCE for INTEL and RADEON for AMD

4.c Also AMD have a range of there own memory and utilities. Does this help or does intel have similar advantages.

i looked at AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz stock , 4 x 2 logical core - 8 core. that shows on a single benchmarks website that its faster than a Intel i5 4690K , 3.5Ghz stock, 4 cores.

However it also states that the AMD could only be overclocked by 0.2 Ghz and the INTEL by 0.4 Ghz. Not much of a improvement on either and sure that more can be obtained.

As i got 0.5 Ghz out of a old INTEL DUEL CORE E6700 3.2Ghz (Stock) got it to 3.7Ghz no special alterations just manual change of FSB. And a slightly better than stock fan a arctic cooler non stock.

If You use any of these CPU's Please advise O/C Capabilities..

5. what have you found to be the best stable Ghz on each of these two CPU's.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-540-IN INTEL CPU :£199.99

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-336-AM AMD CPU :£149.99

CP-540-IN_90536_60.jpg
CP-336-AM_60876_60.jpg

Associate
OP
Still waiting for the budget on this thread. Why has the OP not responded, or is it a clever(ish) attempt to ignite a brand war that we are so excited about taking up posts on here?

:)

unfortunately been busy and not had a chance to view thread. It was a honest question of which was a better option of cpu. As intel are more expensive in general but i wanted to know if amd could beat intel cpu in capabilities and also how good it was for overclocking.

So just catching up on reading now.

Associate
OP
No real budget set at this point it varies from £600 to £900 depending on when i plan to purchase. I have looked at all the benchmark results and taken in comments. I see to pro intel and pro amd users and also see logic in if low budget better gpu and lower cpu. However i will take my time having a good look at benchmarks and comments and will then deside on the road i will choose.

I think we can close this thread here as there is more than enough information for me to work with and it was never intended on being a cpu war.

so thank you all for your responses.

Associate
OP
End of the Thread

Any chance a moderator could please close my thread now. Its had plenty information and debates. i was looking at the i5 or the fx-8???.

i had a look at motherboards and decided that i am better getting the intel I5 and using existing dvd/rw barricuda drive and asus gt640 1gb gddr5 for now and build it up over time progressing to a better cpu i7 and a better graphics card. also a ssd.

so i thank you all for your info and somehwat heated debates. lol

i will now shop around on MB's and cases that allow for future cooling forr some serious overclocking of cpu and gpu.

thanks.

sammy.

Associate
OP
Yeah, it makes no sense to build a gaming PC (thread title) and throw all your budget at a CPU whilst sticking with a GT640. Unless it's very short-term.

For a better gaming experience whilst waiting for cash to upgrade, get a cheap dual core socket 1150 CPU and a decent GPU.

Or, frankly, go the AMD CPU route.

short term. building main pc using existing gpu while i save up more for a good gpu. that is all. so that i can get started on build now.

Back
Top Bottom