What is everyone hoping will be released in 2024?

Soldato
OP
Ideally a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro.

I've been holding off upgrading to Apple Silicon waiting on a larger screen iMac/iMac Pro to be reintroduced. With Apple confirming a new 27" isn't happening and sketchy rumours about a larger 30" in development, I need to make the jump this year.
Would be happy with a redesigned Mac mini and new 27" or greater Liquid Retina XDR Studio Display with ProMotion.
I was thinking of the new Mac Studio M3 Ultra but I hardly use all the power in my Mac Studio M1 Max so upgrading seems a bit pointless to me. On the other hand my iPhone 13 Pro Max would give me some nice new features if I upgraded to the iPhone 16 Pro Max. I'll have to wait and see whether it is worth it.

I would say that the Mac Mini and your own choice of monitors is a better buy than relying on a large iMac. According to ChatGPT the mini supports up to 2 external monitors so you can two in any size you want rather than relying on an iMac.

Soldato
OP
The current model is probably the best TV streaming box available, if you need them then you won't go wrong buying them now.
I agree. I have the 2021 Apple TV and I have absolutely no problems with it at all. The only thing that would make me upgrade it was if it stopped getting tvOS updates.

Soldato
OP
If the AirPods Max are not released at the next Apple event I'm just going to go out and get the original ones. I'm fed up of waiting.

On a more positive note it would make sense for Apple to update around the Vision Pro event or there would have to be another event when the AirPods 2, AirPods 3 and AirPods Max all go USB-C. They could well do a quiet release on that front.

Soldato
OP
March or April is looking likely for new iPads.
I've been using my iPad Pro M1 11" quite a bit more recently and it feels so fast. I honestly don't need it but at the time I bought it I wanted to use it with the Apple Pencil 2 to start doing some note taking. I might start trying to use it more but finding note taking apps I like is a real struggle.

Soldato
OP
I know I'm in the weirdo minority here but I would love them to bring back a small and cheap laptop. The 12" MacBook was a great form factor let down by lousy chips and a bad keyboard but they could totally pull it off now. I have a 13" M2 Air for work and it's perfectly nice, but if they made something slightly smaller, basically as wide as the keyboard only I would totally get one for the sofa if the price was right. I'd be down for a cheaper plastic laptop from Apple like the olden days. Totally fantasy though, I know that's not the direction they're moving.
Couldn't you just get an iPad Pro 11" with a magic keyboard and use it like a small laptop?

Soldato
OP

M3 iPad Pro looks interesting although I'm not sure what the use case is for a tablet with an M3 chip is. I mainly use mine for eBooks and reading web pages. To be fair when I bought it I had other plans in mind.

Soldato
OP
HomePod screen thing to replace our Echo show. Tempted with some HomePod minis as well to replace some of the Sonos speakers around the house. Fed up of how Amazon make it extremely difficult to remove devices or reset Alexa, and I don’t trust them from a privacy aspect either.
The HomePod minis have surprisingly good sound quality. I don't use mine much as I live in a shared house but when I do it is nice. I also listen to forest ambient noises when I am going to sleep to help me relax.

Soldato
OP
Ahh yes, I remember. Surely it’s cheaper and easier to add some decent external storage? We know it’s super quick.
I have a couple of external drives but it is a pain in the arse to move things like Homebrew to them as you have to symlink and stuff and I'd rather just not bother.

I should probably move my virtual machines though. That is quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom