Soldato
cutting things short (hahaha)

live shuttle - last tested in the summer, worked fine
live processor - pulled straight from another working shuttle
live ram - pulled straight from an amd box that works
live psu - pulled from the other working shuttle
live gfxcard - same again

do some butchering, and now it wont power up

plugs in fine, green light appears on motherboard, then press the on switch and it disappears. what is most likely to be dead?

send your address in trust and i'll send off a fresh* one next time i'm passing by a mcdonalds :p

*(might not be fresh upon receipt)

it wasn't that it fooled me in position... i've had to rob a poor innocent harddisk of its jumper until i find it! :eek:

lol

have you made sure that its not sitting somewhere on your motherboard under a component or something. The last thing you want is that to drop into a fan or to short out a component!

there is more to this puzzle than i first thought and i'm starting to get a little annoyed, because it is my fault.

i can't get it to boot. all i have is a usb keyboard which i thought was the problem at first, but the bios seems to be unstable. (i think, either that or i killed my graphics card)

basically when i turn it on (from cold) it starts fine, can get into bios, but recently the bios screens have been locking up randomly. tried to boot normally and still had problems. i'm going to try a different graphics card, would it be this which is causing the screen to freeze? had similar problems before when a matrox card was used, this one is a 9600xt

Steeps said:
there is more to this puzzle than i first thought and i'm starting to get a little annoyed, because it is my fault.

i can't get it to boot. all i have is a usb keyboard which i thought was the problem at first, but the bios seems to be unstable. (i think, either that or i killed my graphics card)

basically when i turn it on (from cold) it starts fine, can get into bios, but recently the bios screens have been locking up randomly. tried to boot normally and still had problems. i'm going to try a different graphics card, would it be this which is causing the screen to freeze? had similar problems before when a matrox card was used, this one is a 9600xt
would be interested to know WHERE the bios freezes?

bit of an update. it doesn't seem to be a bios issue, i got it to boot the cd drive, and then it died about 20secs into installing xp. the longer its been on, the quicker it appears to crash. as if its a heat issue. every heatsink has been changed and it was all working before.

i had a similar problem, as stated. but they were throwing up errors on the monitor before (trying a linux install) this time it just freezes mid-whatever it was doing

edit: its not graphics issue, just pulled a working x800xt and its the same

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom