What is pci encryption decryption controller

Associate
As above just looking in device manager i have an exclamation mark against, other devices/pci encryption decryption controller.

i have no idea what this is, what it does, and an update driver search local and internet finds nothing. windows10 is upto date as are my graphics and motherboard drivers.

mobo is msi b450 tomahawk max
gpu is rx 5700xt pulse
cpu is ryzen5 3600

any advice appreciated

Soldato
As above just looking in device manager i have an exclamation mark against, other devices/pci encryption decryption controller.

i have no idea what this is, what it does, and an update driver search local and internet finds nothing. windows10 is upto date as are my graphics and motherboard drivers.

mobo is msi b450 tomahawk max
gpu is rx 5700xt pulse
cpu is ryzen5 3600

any advice appreciated

Right click on the offending device in control panel and select properties. Go to details tab then in the top drop down box select hardware ids - copy that and google it to find out what's causing the issue and get drivers for it :)

Associate
OP
So as per the replies, i looked at the hardware id and google did not throw anything back at me, so i uninstalled the device, restarted the pc and it was back :(
went to amd site link from beerglass007 link and downloaded the b450 chipset drivers restarted the pc and still it it there with an exclamation mark against it :(
i am now wondering if this has anything to do with the odd failed to restarts i have had where the pc just hangs at pre bios boot stage??

offending hardware id is
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_7C021462&REV_00
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&SUBSYS_7C021462
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&CC_108000
PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1486&CC_1080

then i found a link to a site which game me this info
https://devicehunt.com/search/type/pci/vendor/1022/device/1486

oh also it is under "other devices"

if anyone is able to advise further i would be grateful

thanks

i have not installed any raid drivers and i do not have an nvme type drive installed i have got just 2 ssd drives no other devices attached to pc, i do have a blue yeti attaced via usb and hyper x cloud 2 headphones attached via usb

Last edited:
Associate
I came across your thread on google whilst trying to fix the problem myself. I managed to find a solution off another website which has resolved it.

Code:
Do Update Driver on the device, Browse my computer for driver software, choose this folder: c:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Chipset_IODrivers\PSP Driver\

Associate
OP
I came across your thread on google whilst trying to fix the problem myself. I managed to find a solution off another website which has resolved it.

Code:
Do Update Driver on the device, Browse my computer for driver software, choose this folder: c:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\Chipset_IODrivers\PSP Driver\

You sir are my bloody hero, many thanks for posting the path to browse, its all fixed now :)

Associate
No worries mate. It was driving me insane as well so I feel your relief. Hopefully others will come across the thread and it'll help them too:)

Thank you thank you thank you. And thanks to google too. Had to register here just to post a thank you. cheers

Back
Top Bottom