What is the default setting for DF CStates?

Associate
Hi,

I've been a bit silly - I was playing about with a couple of settings in my BIOS but have forgotten whether DF CStates was set to 'Auto' or 'Enabled' before I disabled it. I want to revert it back to its default. Can anyone please let me know what the default would have been before I changed it?

My mobo is Asus TUF Gaming X-570 plus and my UEFI BIOS version is 2.20.1271

Thanks in advance!
J

Associate
OP
Default is normally auto, but why would you want to set it to defaults before disabling it ? either you want power saving or you dont, I have all of that disabled on my Gigabyte X570S master in order to make the Active OC tuner work properly, ive also got AMD Cool & Quite disabled.

Hey, thanks.

I’m trying to restore to defaults because I’m trying to find the cause of/a fix for, my mobo’s whiny vrms. I read that disabling C-states can sort out the irritating noise, but it didn’t for me. I’m rma’ing my PSU for a replacement, as my PSU has been a little dodgy since I got the system (last month) and I’m guessing the noise could be because of incorrect voltages being supplied to the CPU. I wanted to restore defaults so that when the new PSU is fitted, I can compare it against my old PSU with the exact same conditions as before.

Back
Top Bottom