What is wrong with my PC?!

Don
Right, I built up my new PC yesterday, it consists of...

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Mobo
AMD x2 4400+
ATI X1900XTX
2x 160Gb SATA2 Hdd's
OCZ 2Gb RAM

I installed Windows etc on the PC, and everything was ok untill i rebooted the PC, the PC was laying on its side (its a tower) and everytime I would put it in its upright position, it would freeze at the Asus logo on startup...
So to work it, the PC had to be on it's side...

After a while, it booted up ok in it's normal, upright position..Untill now. Everytime I turn the PC on, it either freezes at the mobo logo on startup or freezes at the Win XP screen (with the bar still loading across...as if its not froze)

I can't get into my PC at all, unless I use Safe mode, like I am now..

Any ideas? :confused:

Don
OP
james32 said:
had the same problem when i built a A8N-E
is your drive set to sata 2? if so set it to sata 1 then load up windows
then install nvidia drivers then reboot, then set drive back to sata 2

windows xp sp2 can only manage sata 150 speeds until the enchaned driver is added for sata 2 e.g nivida chipset or intel.

always happens when you install xpsp2 the bar takes ages to load up once rebooted if drive is set as sata2

Well I have 2 hdd's, one SATA 1, the other SATA 2.

All the BIOS is set to default..

Like I said, it worked fine, installed my mobo drivers etc, graphics, WoW, and footy manager.
Restarted pc and all went wrong... :(

Don
OP
Raikiri said:
Sounds like the cpu cooler isnt connected propery and is pulling away from the cpu when the case is standing up making it overheat and freeze

What I thought could be a problem, however, i can't connect the heat sync to the cpu any better :(

Damn PC's

Don
OP
ThermalRight SI-120 (Socket 754/939/478) Heatsink (HS-023-TR)
Akasa AK-183-L2B Ultra Quiet 120mm Fan - 3 pin (FG-024-AK)

That's my cpu cooler btw.

It must be something not connected correctly though as the couple of times the PC has got into windows successfully, i played games etc and it was fine...

I will just have to take everything out tonight and ''try again''

Last edited:
Don
OP
Why would the heat pipe's not work correctly?

Like I said, i had another ASUS A8N32 board in this PC before, along with a FX55 and a PCI-E 7800GTX...All worked fine.

I was only saying, if i did need a new case, what would you recommend, although thats a last priority at moment; a new case.

Back
Top Bottom