What item did you want but never came to the market?

Soldato
I'll start off the thread by saying a multi-disc dvd/blu-ray player.

I think there has been ones made, though I've only ever seen it with music cd's on a hifi player.

I've always wondered why there was never a premium product on the market with dvd/blu-ray players, especially with so many boxsets containing multiple discs these days.

If I binge watch a tv show boxset they usually only have 6 episodes per disc, so I have to keep getting up and changing the disc.

As anyone else wanted a device that was either never invented or never came on the market available for you to buy? Or if it did was it too expensive?

Soldato
OP
Even if each episodes was only 30 minutes you would only have to get up every 3 hours? is that really that hard?

A lot of inventions are made for comfort.

I remember the days were we didn't have remote controls. We'd have to get up and walk to the tv if we wanted to change the channel or turn the volume up or down.

Soldato
OP
Although it was technically one of those all-in-one home theatre systems I did have a Panasonic DVD unit that was essentially that.

It was a (massive) five disc tray loader with each disc having it's own space on the internal turntable. The player could be used on it's own directly to a tv but was part of propriety subwoofer, centre and tower surround speaker setup. The player connected to the powered sub by a rather thick ribbon cable. I don't recall if it had any other outputs to be of use on it's own but it did have optical in and a few other ports. I must have bought it a good seventeen years ago and kept it about five years.

I think I remember those. Quite expensive at the time.

I never understood why they didn't become a mass market item. When dvd's become a big thing, especially box sets, and the dvd players were selling so many players they became dirt cheap to make, I'm surprised even today there isn't a £100 - £150 multi disc player on the market. I would have thought it would sell well.

Back
Top Bottom